Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

HPP 3 or Predator?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the HPPIII and love it. I plan on going to N2O in the future and the thing I like about the Hypertech is that I can keep the timing at either stock or 87 octane tuning and still be safe spraying it, plus, I can keep the rev limiter where I want it, the trans firmness on, the shift points where I want them, and the High speed limiter set to 128mph. I am not that familiar with the Predator, but I got my HPPIII for $300 even brand new with FREE shipping from www.tsetruckstuff.com. Not a plug, just tryin' to help a brother out. Also, I'm sure I could get at least $250 back for it on EBAY if I decided to go with a Super Charger or something else later. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1EDit vs Predator....no contest what so ever. LS1Edit wins hands down and I even have a predator. If you are just crusing on the street and want a little performance, get a used HppIII, but make sure you get one that fits your year and is not locked up. If you want to see what the truck is doing and have a little more versatility, get the Predator. My opinion between the 2 is I was pissed to find out that you had to get a custom tune fore the Pred to get the rev limiter past 6000 (6400 HppIII) and the shift points past 6000 (6200 HppIII) But if you want to go hardcore and future upgrades like heads and cam etc... invest now in LS1 Edit. The laptop can be used for other things besides the truck and you can get upgrades with out having to send the program back. Also, you can get up to 4 vins on one license which could bring the total down to $250 for each vin. You have to look into your plans before you decide.

HppIII - beginner
Predator - getting better
Ls1Edit - hardcore plans
Old 11-11-2003, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SleekSilverado
OK iv got a question for yall, im about to put a ls6 cam in my 5.3 and I know I will need to change my shift points and rev limiter so which programmer do I go with? The Hpp 3 or the preadator. Im really tryn to be carful not to void the warrenty (my friend works at the dealership hes doing the install) so i dont want to do too much to the comp.
I think both would be able to change shift points and rev limiter. I know the Predator can. If your putting in a new cam.......wont that void your warranty? The Predator can upload your stock tune for when you go to the dealership. Not sure if the Hpp can or not.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

That the sweet thing about the ls6 cam, its practically unnoticable. One of the mechanics at my local dealer said he would take care of it if the warrenty came into question since he is putting it in. He's got one him self!
Old 11-11-2003, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Iv heard some bad stuff about the custom tunes with the preadator, is it true?