Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

help me to choose header

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:18 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
If you want a promise to pass smog, then leave the truck alone. High flow aftermarket cats dont clean up as well as stock ones do, so there is no promise that they will pass in any case. Most people do, and some dont, no matter how great the tune is.

R
oh sure, now you tell me
Old 11-05-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
I could sell you my OBX.
How come you change your mind to sell your header?? Whats happen? Send me your pictures. It is came together y pipe, highflow fake cat etc?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I decided that I want catalytic converters. Also the passenger primary hit up against my frame. I believe this is a problem with the early NBS frames like mine and not the later ones. Also one of the connections on the Y needs the pipe expanded a bit to get it to fit snuggly. Otherwise I ran them all of about 15 minutes. Im hoping to sell locally, shipping I'd imagine is about $50. It's a big box and weighs 50lbs. I also got the two plugs to cover up the extra bungs they have, which doesnt come with the kit.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I decided that I want catalytic converters. Also the passenger primary hit up against my frame. I believe this is a problem with the early NBS frames like mine and not the later ones. Also one of the connections on the Y needs the pipe expanded a bit to get it to fit snuggly. Otherwise I ran them all of about 15 minutes. Im hoping to sell locally, shipping I'd imagine is about $50. It's a big box and weighs 50lbs. I also got the two plugs to cover up the extra bungs they have, which doesnt come with the kit.
I need to see pic. Look like you not have everything ready to put in for my truck? I dont know if it will fit on my 2006 Silverado. Now you make me worry about frame may hit from header? It sounds loud? WHich I need it lol. I have Aero Chamber Hooker Muffler on passenger side.. NBS what mean? You mean our truck frame are different. I been wonder if it will happen same thing to my 06 Silverado? Im asking you does obx header came with high flow like I saw on Ebay it show everything that what im look for.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
I need to see pic. Look like you not have everything ready to put in for my truck? I dont know if it will fit on my 2006 Silverado. Now you make me worry about frame may hit from header? It sounds loud? WHich I need it lol. I have Aero Chamber Hooker Muffler on passenger side.. NBS what mean? You mean our truck frame are different. I been wonder if it will happen same thing to my 06 Silverado? Im asking you does obx header came with high flow like I saw on Ebay it show everything that what im look for.
Dude, people are being very patient with you, but do you read what anyone says? The OBX headers DO NO COME WITH CATS. THEY LOOK LIKE CATS BUT THEY ARE NOT.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, it has everything that comes new. You reuse your stock manifold gaskets, the ones that come with the OBX suck. Also, I am almost positive the frames are different because everyone I've PM'd with the 03+ truck has had no problems whatsoever with the header hitting the frame. That's why I want the newer dynatech headers, they fixed the hitting the frame issue.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, it has everything that comes new. You reuse your stock manifold gaskets, the ones that come with the OBX suck. Also, I am almost positive the frames are different because everyone I've PM'd with the 03+ truck has had no problems whatsoever with the header hitting the frame. That's why I want the newer dynatech headers, they fixed the hitting the frame issue.
What year your truck? If you dont mind send me pic? Through my email yahoo? Lightningf150svt2002@yahoo.com
Old 11-05-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lookie what I found. This is EXACTLY what my passenger header looks like. And this is on a 2004. So who knows. This one rattled against the frame too. Looks like it's just hit or miss whether it will hit or not depending on how your frame is. I guess my other option is to bend the header

Old 11-05-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lookie what I found. This is EXACTLY what my passenger header looks like. And this is on a 2004. So who knows. This one rattled against the frame too. Looks like it's just hit or miss whether it will hit or not depending on how your frame is. I guess my other option is to bend the header

I do believing the frame from 2004 to 2006 I am pretty sure it is same. Never different. How much do you want to sell? that is #3 tube where is very closer to frame correct?
Old 11-05-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think I gotta wait and think about my options. I think I can just get a dynatech catted y pipe and it should hook right up to my obx headers. And then I will have to try and bend those primaries so they dont bang on the frame.

Quick Reply: help me to choose header