Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Header help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header help

I've got a 2004 chevy z71 and I'm trying to find some LT headers for it. I'm considering Texas Speed stainless or Pacesetter. Anyone got any pics, or other options. I know there are tons of Lt headers but I'm looking for pics or personal experience to find any fitment issues since my truck is 4wd.

May help to add my truck has a stock 5.3l.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I have the ARH and fitment is great. They are definitely pricey compared to the others you are looking at. If you dont plan to go crazy with the mods then the 1 3/4" primaries will be fine, and in OK I wouldnt be too worried about the pacesetter which aren't stainless... up here in New England that was a big concern of mine.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z71FarmTag
I've got a 2004 chevy z71 and I'm trying to find some LT headers for it. I'm considering Texas Speed stainless or Pacesetter. Anyone got any pics, or other options. I know there are tons of Lt headers but I'm looking for pics or personal experience to find any fitment issues since my truck is 4wd.

May help to add my truck has a stock 5.3l.
Is your truck RC or EC? if it is EC then we have the same truck, urs is just one year newer. I have the pacesetter longtubes, and matching pacesetter y-pipe. The headers fit perfect on mine, no clearance issues. I got them on ebay for 300 and the y-pipe for 150. And they sound great.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got some stainless steel calspeeds on mine working great. I have 1 7/8's but they also have 1 3/4. Cant beat the price on them.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Yes, its an EC. I thought I had filled that out. How do yall get your truck info to show in the signature area?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

I've seen mixed emotions on the calspeed stuff????
Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

I bought the coated Pacesetters last October and ran them through the winter in Michigan through salt etc. They do have some small amounts of surface rust showing through but its all mostly down near the collector area.

They are a good design and a great fitting set of headers, for sure. In hindsight, I would have purchased the non-coated ones (cheapest on Amazon, especially if you have Prime), painted them myself, then purchased nice stainless clamps to attach the y-pipe as opposed to the crush style u-bend clamps they offer.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The TSP stainless steel headers won't fit a 4WD without modification. I've seen conflicting info about what is involved to make them fit. I got the Pacestter coated headers which have only been through one winter, but so far they are holding up good. There was no fitment issues either. I wrote an install guide and do have one photo (see link).

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...lation-500748/
Old 07-30-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z71FarmTag
Yes, its an EC. I thought I had filled that out. How do yall get your truck info to show in the signature area?
no worries, just go to your user cp. then on left hand side you will see "edit signature" then put in what u have so you dont get the "what type of truck? is it ec? what mods? etc"

Originally Posted by WhiteX
I bought the coated Pacesetters last October and ran them through the winter in Michigan through salt etc. They do have some small amounts of surface rust showing through but its all mostly down near the collector area.

They are a good design and a great fitting set of headers, for sure. In hindsight, I would have purchased the non-coated ones (cheapest on Amazon, especially if you have Prime), painted them myself, then purchased nice stainless clamps to attach the y-pipe as opposed to the crush style u-bend clamps they offer.
ya i bought the no coated ones from ebay that had the basic primer looking stuff on them. lasted not even 24 hours lol. i paid 300 for em. shiny headers dont give more hp, only stickers do
Old 07-30-2013, 03:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cant go wrong with Pacestter i have them on my NNBS 4x4 the headers fit great, had to modify the Y but for 370 brand new im not complaing!

Quick Reply: Header help