Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Got my Predator! Installation went fine.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Predator! Installation went fine.

I don't think I took a breath the hole time I was loading and changing things :p. First it stores your stock program, then it loads the standard performance program and then you can modify the performance program. I went with shift points of 5900, rev limiter of 6000, 120 speed limit. For the shifts I choose the full -25% for the quickest shifts and +15% for firmer shifts while just driving around town and +25% at WOT for the firmest shift while on it. I didn't do anthing to the timing or fuel curves and may never, to scared . This thing has a nice SOTP gain and the shifts are up where I want them. When it shifts at WOT, the is no slight bog after, so the TM must have been reduced. I did one 0-60 run only after about 5 miles of driving, the ECM will need time to adjust I'm sure. Two nights ago I did a 0-60 run with the Superchips tuning install and it was 0-40 in 3.25 & 0-60 in 6.25 seconds. Stock, the night before it did the runs in 3.44 & 6.44 seconds. So the Superchips was good for .2 seconds reduction in time, but it shifted to low. Just now I did a run and the times were 0-40 in 2.99 & 0-60 in 6.07 seconds, not to bad . I'll keep you posted.
Jim
Old 08-08-2003, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Got my Predator! Installation went fine.

Good deal. It looks like it worked out good for you.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Truck addict

don't be afraid to play with the spark and power encrichment. i think my spark is +3.?? and power enrichment is +2.??. i'll look in the morning to see exactly where they're at. keep in mind, when you make adjustments to that, you want someone to read the ltrims at wot after around 30 mins of driving. they should read zero at wot or close to it. stay neg rather than pos if you can. but zero is the goal. also, make sure you aren't getting any KR at wot either. when i adjusted mine, well with help, it made my truck feel even better. i can actually roast the rears if i try.
Old 08-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Formerly one92rs

on the +15% and +25%. are you talking about the normal shift times and performance shift times? if so the normal refers to normal driving. the performance shift refers to tow/haul mode. hey what are your fuel trims.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:01 AM

on the +15% and +25%. are you talking about the normal shift times and performance shift times? if so the normal refers to normal driving. the performance shift refers to tow/haul mode. hey what are your fuel trims.
The +15% and +25% are in normal and performance but not with the tow/haul button. It was my understanding from the instructions that if you did the transmission adaption (or what ever it's called, don't have the book with me) then the performance parameters would only work with the tow/haul button made. Otherwise, it's based on engine load when it shifts and how it shifts. I feels softer when I'm just cruising around town and being good but when I do a WOT run, it shifts much firmer. Any way, I just set them for both +25%, I like the firm shifts all the time. The fuel trims? Can you check that with the Predator? I know it says it has live data capabilities but the book didn't really go into everything you can check, unless I missed that part. I would like to fine tune it eventually, check the KR and fuel trims. What is IDEAL for both at WOT?
Jim
Old 08-10-2003, 12:25 AM
Truck addict

from my understanding, you want KR and the LTRMS to be at zero while WOT. negative on LTRMS is ok but zero is better
Old 08-10-2003, 12:40 AM
Formerly one92rs

yes it is in live data.shift adaption is normal is for trans without tow haul.performance is for tow haul mode only.i think i had mine set at 10% normal and 25% perf.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:03 PM

yes it is in live data.shift adaption is normal is for trans without tow haul.performance is for tow haul mode only.i think i had mine set at 10% normal and 25% perf.
OK, let me gets this right. The manual says" Performance Shift Adaptation = Applies to automatic trans with Tow/Haul mode. Adjusting parameters in the performance section will apply only when the Tow/Haul mode is activated". So, I've been running in normal mode the whole time even when I'm at WOT? Well, I just fixed that. Both shifts settings are at +25% for firmest shifts, -25% for quickest shifts, both at 5880 for shift rpms at WOT. Now no more Tow/haul button to worry about.
Jim
Old 08-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Formerly one92rs

there ya go buddy.