Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gonna try Dmax exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z
No, had to install a dishwasher today
How did you wire that up in the truck??? jk man

I'm ready to see how your exhaust works out on the truck though, when i do my 6.0/maggy i want a dmax exhaust on mine too.. But i'll see how yours works out first though.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hurry up!! I cant wait to hear it. Gunna be different!!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

No word on this?

Sorry to drag it back up but kinda looking forward to a sound clip
Old 04-10-2012, 04:00 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Sadly not yet, I have been busy!

Now that i have my lift installed and truck back from the body shop i am going to install the following,

2'' drop spindles/rear hangers

Aeromotive 340 pump/ Racetronix Hot wire kit/ larger plug in sending unit ( thanks Lonnies performance)

Install my 05 up front calipers/ tahoe dual pistons on the rear/ SS braided lines

Finish painting my interior to match the denali seats/door panels i installed.

And also take the old dual magnaflow exhaust off and install the Dmax one with a new 3.5 in/out maganaflow muffler, or maybe something else not sure yet, but hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Damn i got a lot of unfinshed sheeeet!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Sadly not yet, I have been busy!

Now that i have my lift installed and truck back from the body shop i am going to install the following,

2'' drop spindles/rear hangers

Aeromotive 340 pump/ Racetronix Hot wire kit/ larger plug in sending unit ( thanks Lonnies performance)

Install my 05 up front calipers/ tahoe dual pistons on the rear/ SS braided lines

Finish painting my interior to match the denali seats/door panels i installed.

And also take the old dual magnaflow exhaust off and install the Dmax one with a new 3.5 in/out maganaflow muffler, or maybe something else not sure yet, but hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Damn i got a lot of unfinshed sheeeet!!!
A lotof stuff to do lol

Im thinking DNA headers to 4" duramax catback( diamond eye) for me. Pretty aggressive sound I'm sure but would look real nice with a 4-5" black tip

diamond eye makes a real cheap aluminized 4" catback
Old 04-10-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

im down for how you like the sound and any notice in performance differences you might see. I had a single 3.5" exhaust on my truck at one time with a 5x11x22 magnaflow muffler and loved it...only got rid of it because i bought a corsa. now that the corsa has been gone and im back to magnaflow duals im sick of it so im going to a single 4" with either one or two 4.5x8x12 borla XR-1's...i say one OR two because im afraid only one will be way too damn loud, lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by zachm89
im down for how you like the sound and any notice in performance differences you might see. I had a single 3.5" exhaust on my truck at one time with a 5x11x22 magnaflow muffler and loved it...only got rid of it because i bought a corsa. now that the corsa has been gone and im back to magnaflow duals im sick of it so im going to a single 4" with either one or two 4.5x8x12 borla XR-1's...i say one OR two because im afraid only one will be way too damn loud, lol.
I hear ya bro, exhaust is a tough decision!

So you liked the 5x11x22 magna single muff ??? More Details!! Any rasp or drone??

I like maganaflow's sound, as well as the spin techs ive heard here, and flo pro and the Borla , Damn tough choice but i prob will stick with magnaflow,

I promise to get a video as soon as i get it fabbed, need to borrow my dads miller MIG so i can weld it out.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

it had a bit of rasp but not bad at all and it droned very very little for having it dumped before the axle...ill try and dig up some sound clips.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

here ya go, couple vids and some pics of how everything was routed. This was with LPP long tubes and magnaflow hiflow cats so it was a bit tame IMO. This was also before the blower and cam so dont laugh at how slow she was! haha

Old 04-12-2012, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are still giving away that muffler i will gladly pay the fees to get it?

edward.coss@gmail.com
email me

And mangled i feel your pain been trying to quite my truck up for a while. everyone tells me oh ya the turbo will knock some sound out of it. I swear it got louder with manifolds and the turbo

Quick Reply: Gonna try Dmax exhaust