Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

fuel test port location for nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel test port location for nitrous?

Im installing a nx wet kit on 2001 4.8 silverado. It says that I should tap into the fuel test port for the fuel supply. I found a tube comming off of the fule rail on the left side of the engine (pasenger side) with a cap on it so I unscrewed the cap and plugged into it with the fuel line that goes into the nitrous kits fuel sylonoid and it threaded just fine. I started the truck and opened only the fuel sylonoid and nothing came out of the nozzle except a little puff of air? Shouldnt fuel be comming out, and is this the correct place to tap in? Sorry if this sounds stupid but this is my first install.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OrlandoFL4.8
Im installing a nx wet kit on 2001 4.8 silverado. It says that I should tap into the fuel test port for the fuel supply. I found a tube comming off of the fule rail on the left side of the engine (pasenger side) with a cap on it so I unscrewed the cap and plugged into it with the fuel line that goes into the nitrous kits fuel sylonoid and it threaded just fine. I started the truck and opened only the fuel sylonoid and nothing came out of the nozzle except a little puff of air? Shouldnt fuel be comming out, and is this the correct place to tap in? Sorry if this sounds stupid but this is my first install.

There is a valve stem pin inside of the port. Unplug your fuel pump fuse and crank over your engine. That will get any pressure out of the fuel lines. Then remove the pin that is in the port, and reattach your fuel line. Then you can put in the fuel pump fuse back in.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks I see what your talking about and I can see the pin inside the valve...do I just pull it straigh out with a pair of needle nose plyers or is there a certain way? i dont want to damage it incase I have to put it back
Old 11-20-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it's exactly like a valve stem in a tire, it will unscrew. go to parts store and ask for a valve stem remover. a few bucks, if you have a pair of needle nose small enough, just put them in and try to unscrew it. but best to get the right tool.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by busta9876
it's exactly like a valve stem in a tire, it will unscrew. go to parts store and ask for a valve stem remover. a few bucks, if you have a pair of needle nose small enough, just put them in and try to unscrew it. but best to get the right tool.

You can even get 'em at Walmart. I don't think you should attempt the needle nose.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its called a schrader valve. its like a little screw driver with a split end (kinda like a split fork), and you stick it in there, and unscrew.