Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Fuel Pump O Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump O Fuel Pump

Ok so my v6 silverado wants to go gay on me and will turn over for a second then shut off so im pretty sure its the fuel pump. well i have a 6.0l that im about to swap in so i figure what better timing than go ahead and get it now because ill need a new one anyways. well i was trying to find a walbro 255 but i cant seem to find one. can anyone help? or do you guys have any others that are pretty good and under 200 bucks?. The fuel pump will be universal right so i can put it on the v6 now and when i do the swap it will work with the new engine. thanks for the help. too many damn questions.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike9009
Ok so my v6 silverado wants to go gay on me and will turn over for a second then shut off so im pretty sure its the fuel pump. well i have a 6.0l that im about to swap in so i figure what better timing than go ahead and get it now because ill need a new one anyways. well i was trying to find a walbro 255 but i cant seem to find one. can anyone help? or do you guys have any others that are pretty good and under 200 bucks?. The fuel pump will be universal right so i can put it on the v6 now and when i do the swap it will work with the new engine. thanks for the help. too many damn questions.
do asearch on this, you should find alot of info...most likely you won't like the answer. second, you don't have info on your truck. year? return or returnless system. Nevertheless, just keep the intank stock and put an inline walboro 255 in if you needmore fuel...IMO.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

its a 2000 silverado. I found a Holley255 universal fuel pump on thunderracing.com and was thinking about going with that one vs an inline. whats you think?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike9009
its a 2000 silverado. I found a Holley255 universal fuel pump on thunderracing.com and was thinking about going with that one vs an inline. whats you think?
universal? The fuel pump in your 2k silvy is in a priceless (IMO) bucket. It is designed to PU fuel from the tank AND inside the bucket. WHen you are low on fuel and take off and there isn't any fuel for your "universal" pump to get. the stock "bucket" pump will still have fuel in the bucket until "slosh" of fuel returns to the fuel pump. This may not matter to some people, does to me...I have no interest in having a blip of no fuel cuz I am too lazy to make sure the tank is always half full. Just me.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

You can get an intank upgrade/replacement from O'reilly's and the inline Walbro pump. They catalog an inline that flows like 60 or so gph (about 240lph) and holds down about 100psi. I know it was less than replacing the whole assembly. There are instructions on how to replace just the pump with an aftermarket one on Magnacharger's website under their Radix install instructions, though you may need to source the parts you need from the auto parts store, as they don't come in a kit.

dewmanshu is on the right track..IMO
Old 12-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

i dont see how just getting a holley 240 fuel pump would be such a problem. its swapping out the pumps. they still do the same job just the holley would be better to get seeing how i have to upgrade one when i get the 6.0 in anyways. plus if i want to run nitrous too. here is the site http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=9&pcid=165 and go down until you see the universal holley pump.