Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Front or remote mount turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front or remote mount turbo?

I'm trying to decide which turbo kit to get. I looked into the sts kit, cmotorsports and livernoris. Which turbo seems to perform beter a front mount or a remote mount turbo. I'm also trying to decide what size turbo to go with on my truck 346 LS1 and I want to run around 15 psi.

Thanks guys

lator

Yellow
Old 05-05-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Justin, I'll call you later today. I'll let you drive my truck to see what you think.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

If I had the cash to choose, I wouldn't get a remote mount. Too many potential problems with water ingestion, etc.

On top of that, you want to retain as much heat as possible to help spin the turbine. Being so far away, I'm sure your giving up something vs a standard mount turbo that is only a foot away from the block.

But that is IMO based on my experience with FI, and I have no money for dem things in my current situation.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a remote mount, because I got a good deal on a used kit. If I had the money and the front mounts where more available a few months ago, I would probably have gone front mount. I built a custom front mount for a little 2.8 v-6 s-10 and it has less lag, but was also built that way with a small turbo and small header tubing.
Cost not being to much of an issue, I'd go front mount.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my STS!! and have not had any really problems. Turbos rock!!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor

Front mount all the way. Constent air flow even while setting still. Pain to install but well worth it.
Ricky
Old 05-05-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Front mount all the way. Constent air flow even while setting still. Pain to install but well worth it.
Ricky
PM me Ricky
Old 05-05-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd go with the front mount, due to the possiblity of the water ingestion and having to take everything apart to dry it out. If you go with the Livernois setup let me know cause I definately wanna check it out. I've been looking at it, and have pretty much decided that's the setup I'm gonna go with.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
I'd go with the front mount, due to the possiblity of the water ingestion and having to take everything apart to dry it out. If you go with the Livernois setup let me know cause I definately wanna check it out. I've been looking at it, and have pretty much decided that's the setup I'm gonna go with.

I was looking at cmotorsports setup. This is the setup parish uses and we all know it works well. It comes with air to liquad intercooler, t-76, header and tubing, 60# motron injectors and alot more things to drool over. The only bad part is the price $5300.

lator

Yellow
Old 05-05-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
I was looking at cmotorsports setup. This is the setup parish uses and we all know it works well. It comes with air to liquad intercooler, t-76, header and tubing, 60# motron injectors and alot more things to drool over. The only bad part is the price $5300.

lator

Yellow

thats not a bad price at all considering you have to buy all that stuff seperate your gonna pay round the same money if it includes a tune to go with it....
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

pretty good Deal if yea think about it
To achieve 600rwhp it's the only way i think
The magnacharger won't keep up after 500rwhp and nitrous isn't there all the time

Quick Reply: Front or remote mount turbo?