Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST or Victor jr LS1 intake ..

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EL_3grab
How about the Torque in Low end with this intake compared with LSX ...
I guess we will just have to wait and see
Old 01-23-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never had any problems with low end tq with the victor jr intakes that are rated for 3500+. They were all on 409 or bigger engines though. Nevertheless, if you are truely worried about performance then you shouldn't be worried about loosing a little low end torque. The only way you can truely have a lot of both worlds is with a positive displacement pump on it like a roots or screw blower.
A good example is 1slow01z71's 418. For some reason he got the 205cc dart heads instead of the 225's. He said he was wanting to keep the velocity up to improve low end torque. This was per someone else's recommendation. First off, you don't have a problem with low end tq with 418ci (unless you have a cam of >255* duration). Second, his stall flashes to 3800. So why do you need low end tq with a stall like that?
Bottom line, it is all about a well tuned combo with parts that all match your common goal.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mjhoward
I have never had any problems with low end tq with the victor jr intakes that are rated for 3500+. They were all on 409 or bigger engines though. Nevertheless, if you are truely worried about performance then you shouldn't be worried about loosing a little low end torque. The only way you can truely have a lot of both worlds is with a positive displacement pump on it like a roots or screw blower.
A good example is 1slow01z71's 418. For some reason he got the 205cc dart heads instead of the 225's. He said he was wanting to keep the velocity up to improve low end torque. This was per someone else's recommendation. First off, you don't have a problem with low end tq with 418ci (unless you have a cam of >255* duration). Second, his stall flashes to 3800. So why do you need low end tq with a stall like that?
Bottom line, it is all about a well tuned combo with parts that all match your common goal.
Personally I am not worried about loosing any lowend power. If I loose that much low end power then I will spray it
Old 01-23-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

I would like to see one of these on a N/A 6 liter like mine. I wonder how it would work N/A?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mjhoward
You have to have some low end torque even with a 3800 rpm stall, when the TCC locks, the revs will come WAY below 3800 rpm. If you have low port velocity low throttle angle performance will be very sluggish, the engine will work awesome at WOT but driveabilty will be affected.

With a 418 cube engine though, throttle resonse and low throttle torque should be allrigh unless you go WAYY crazy on the cam.
Iys always a comprimise when doing a NA setup.

peace
Hog
Old 01-23-2006, 10:45 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
Personally I am not worried about loosing any lowend power. If I loose that much low end power then I will spray it
Spray it from every stoplight???

peace
Hog
Old 01-24-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hog
Spray it from every stoplight???

peace
Hog
What???? Do you floor it from every light????
Old 01-24-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

The way I see it is 8altng wasn't worried about low end tq when he dicided to keep the little 4.8 and go with a turbo. He might as well put a big cam in it an a huge intake. It's not his DD anyhow I don't think.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:46 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
What???? Do you floor it from every light????
You are the one that said that if you lost TOO much low end torque that you would spray it.

Quit smoking crack?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hog
You are the one that said that if you lost TOO much low end torque that you would spray it.

Quit smoking crack?
Here we go. I figured that everyone would assume that I was talking about the at the track. And why the crack comment???? Are you trying to put your mom out of business???????

Quick Reply: FAST or Victor jr LS1 intake ..