Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Fan harness and brace pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan harness and brace pics

Here are some low light pics of the fan brace and a few of the harness install before we hid all of my speaker wires. You'll notice the tight *** red screw we used to brace the steel to the frame of the truck. Hey, it was the only screw we had left in the bin, so I'll get it painted later.

Here is the stainless steel brace and the red screw! Simple yet effective.

Here is a pic of the 3 transistors that comes in the harness mounted on the pcm cover.(The thick red wire to the left is my speaker wire, not part of the harness)

Here is a pic of how the harness spiders out at just the right length to the power box, the ac wire, and the ground. The red speaker wires were still just out there, but you can see how the harness runs. When the rain stops, I'll take some pics of the final install when everything is hid.

Had one pic left on the camera, so I took one low light pic.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good. im praying for the rain to stop for ya. that and i want to see the time on that beast
Old 10-24-2004, 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMan
looks good. im praying for the rain to stop for ya. that and i want to see the time on that beast
Our local track is only open on Saturday night, so it was out for tonight. I'm ordering my ET Streets Monday, and I gotta get some runs in before the shootout, so I'm going next Saturday, come hell or high water!
Old 10-24-2004, 01:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Our local track is only open on Saturday night, so it was out for tonight. I'm ordering my ET Streets Monday, and I gotta get some runs in before the shootout, so I'm going next Saturday, come hell or high water!
I bought the same harness from Nelson Per, but haven't installed it yet. Was it hard to find the right plug point on the pcm and did you have to change any values in Edit to get the fans to come on at the right temp?

Thanks
Old 10-24-2004, 01:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by OLD BULL
I bought the same harness from Nelson Per, but haven't installed it yet. Was it hard to find the right plug point on the pcm and did you have to change any values in Edit to get the fans to come on at the right temp?

Thanks
I got a Nelson Tune and he tuned my pcm to turn on the fans. You could probably find out from someone on here how to turn it on pretty easily. You'll be plugging it into where the harness plugs into the pcm. When you take off the top grey cover, you will see that the pin holes are numbered, so just find the number hole and plug in the little wire. When you follow his instructions, you'll see exactly what he is telling you. If you have trouble with it, I can always take some detailed pictures and post them up for you. Just let me know.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD BULL
I bought the same harness from Nelson Per, but haven't installed it yet. Was it hard to find the right plug point on the pcm and did you have to change any values in Edit to get the fans to come on at the right temp? Thanks
Could you take a picture of the PCM terminal connector(on the harness)? I would like to see what kind of seal is being used with it.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Here is a pic of the 3 transistors that comes in the harness mounted on the pcm cover.(The thick red wire to the left is my speaker wire, not part of the harness)

Here is a pic of how the harness spiders out at just the right length to the power box, the ac wire, and the ground. The red speaker wires were still just out there, but you can see how the harness runs. When the rain stops, I'll take some pics of the final install when everything is hid.
Those are not transistors, they are relays.

Also, most of the red wire I see is power cable for an amplifier. Why is there so much slack under there? And what is the other smaller guage primary wire for? Surely you don't really have speaker wire under your hood right?

(Sorry, i'm a car audio installer, the little things bother me )
Old 10-24-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by retsell
Those are not transistors, they are relays.

Also, most of the red wire I see is power cable for an amplifier. Why is there so much slack under there? And what is the other smaller guage primary wire for? Surely you don't really have speaker wire under your hood right?

(Sorry, i'm a car audio installer, the little things bother me )
Yeah, I know, I just don't catch myself sometimes.
The other small primary wire is my electric cutouts power wires. Like I said in the previous post, we were in the process of pulling out the Amp wire to relocate it, I was just showing pics of the harness. But thanks for your input anyway.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Is nelsons controller similiar to the DCC controller?? So how was the install?? How long did it take?? Did you simply get some straight pieces of aluminum and drill mounting holes for the brackets?? Guess Im going to have to do LS1 or LT1 fans so that Ive got a little more room for the intercooler tubing .
Old 10-24-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Guess Im going to have to do LS1 or LT1 fans
Hey thats a good thing Make the engine bay look alot cleaner too

Quick Reply: Fan harness and brace pics