Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric supercharger that produces 4psi!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't posted in a while...but I couldn't pass this one up....

If soneone was to take oh, say a Powerdyne supercharger, instead of routing the belt to the engine route it to a small (1-2hp) electric motor capable of a sustained 2500rpm (most all are) you would essentially have an electric supercharger !!!, the hp output of the elec. motor (according to Powerdyne and thier hp-draw specs) would be more than enough to turn the compressor at peak-rpm (assuming correct pulley sizing is done), if you used the signal from the TPS to regulate voltage to the elec. motor you could also vary the rpm at which the supercharger operated to provide max boost at all rpm's. now incorporate that motor into the bottom portion of the Pwerdyne's gear-drive and you have a one-piece unit that IS an electric supercharger. the draw would unfortunatly be about 80amps at peak output though

Guys, this ISN'T rocket science......with very affordable off-the-shelf parts and a little electrical knowledge thist IS a very feasible idea, no one has done it because everyone says it can't be done....there ARE downsides (80-100 amp draws), and I'm not saying we should all go out and build an electric supercharger but it IS possible