Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E mailing Diablo Tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E mailing Diablo Tune

I followed directions and downloaded my saved predator file to my pc.
Evrthing went, so now how do I -e mail it to Johan? I don't see any options.? I right clicked the icon and emailed that but I don't think he'll have the file? Any suggestions.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: E mailing Diablo Tune

save the program off your truck to your computer (perferrably to the destop so you can find it easier) then when you email him click on attachments in your email account and "browse" to find your saved program from your truck. attach your saved program to your email and send it. no prob
Old 08-03-2003, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I beleive I did it, just alittle differantly, I'll try it again
Old 08-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Formerly one92rs

i had to go into local disk then i found predator program. opened it up and clicked on the folder.it came up with the vin#.crg file. attach this and send it.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would be very careful about installing a tune that you recieved from email, diablosport or Johan. I got a custom tuned file from him a few weeks ago and when installing it I got a error message and my computer was fried!

Luckily my trucks computer was covered under the warranty.

Personally I would just stick with the basic predator tune UNLESS you have a cam, supercharger, heads or other big mods (not just headers, exhaust, intake, ignition). With basic bolt on mods the custom tune will make only a slight, if any, performance difference.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Formerly one92rs

well let us not foget that many a people have lost there pcm's with edit also.i have heard of hpp3 causing glitches also.these are computers now and they are very sensitive.one should veiw all info and make decisions based on there own accounts.there a lot more with predator that have had good things happen than bad ones.im sure the same is true for ls1 edit.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have been on this board for over a year now and I have NEVER heard of anyone burning their PCMs when using LS1edit. In fact the ONLY time I ever heard of this was when the Diablo predators were released.

I like my Predator just fine the 4+ months I had it, BUT when I tried loading a custom tune thats when the PCM was fried.

I just question the safety of installing some file into your truck that some guy emails you. Who knows how much time that guy is spending on your tune? You aren't paying the guy to tune it so how hard is he going to try?

Personally I would NOT trust any predator custom tunes, at least not from that Johan guy. Maybe other guys at diablo know what they are doing.

Trending Topics

Old 08-04-2003, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1 Edit emails you the software. What about that?
Old 08-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

The LS1 software that you use to modify and tune your truck IS downloaded BUT NOT the actual tune/file. This is created by the user/truck owner with the LS1edit program.

With the Diablo predator the custom tune/file is created by the diablo people. The user has no actual hands on control over what the diablo people do.

Old 08-04-2003, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the responses, evry company has gliches, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I installed my custom tune today, The second custom tune I have had so far. Went in without any problems but the real test will be at the track.

I really don't like this thing but it's my only option right now. The hypertech had its day and I'm not ready to go out and buy a laptop, edit, wideband and atap. That's next year.$$$$$$
Johan is the one custom tuning these and if you bug him he comes through. Yes it is a risk relying on someone to tune your truck but what other choices do I have. Westers, Ed wrong?? If I ahd my way I'd get a cam and drive it to SLP in NJ and have it Dyno tuned.
Johan has answered all my emails in a timely fashion and doesn't blow me off when I call. It seems like alot of aftermarket companies blow you off when you call so it's no suprise when it happens.
AS far as a need for a custom tune, even though I have bolt ons it needs it. The tranny and stall didn't get along with the stock programming or the hyp, neither does my exhaust.

So in the meantime I'll deal with this predator till edit.
13's here I come.
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/cre...c=ph%26.view=t

Quick Reply: E mailing Diablo Tune