Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Disappointing Radix install on a 5.3L

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really hope something simple has been overlooked. I had my mind set on the radix kit, but with the money that thing costs I could build up a pretty stout 6.0. It would be much easier to install the radix though.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:27 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
I really hope something simple has been overlooked. I had my mind set on the radix kit, but with the money that thing costs I could build up a pretty stout 6.0. It would be much easier to install the radix though.

1000 radix owners and one problem......

I am sure there is some problem with the installation or a simple fix that they did not pick up on.

Trust me, you will be happy with the Radix.......
Old 11-28-2003, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CashDudeHomie
Hey after you fix his truck take the dyno sheets and shove em up his @$$
Nice. Now I feel more at home.

Still have yet to see any dyno sheets other than my own. I wonder if they exist?

Old 11-28-2003, 01:31 PM
blownerator

Come on by, you can look at them over lunch.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
1000 radix owners and one problem......
I'm not so sure. Who else might be having problems but be unaware of them? Now my 'problem' is different from someone with a leak or a defective piece of gear; mine is just underperforming, albeit to a great degree. How would I have ever known there was a problem if I hadn't had a dyno? Answer is, I wouldn't have.

I am curious who else might also be underperforming but unaware....

Why don't you post your dyno sheets, Brian, so everyone can see them?
Old 11-28-2003, 01:58 PM
blownerator

OK, I will. Once I get home I will scan them in and post them for you. Why are you so pushy? You have the time to post here, but do not have the time to come by?
Old 11-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about. You don't owe him jack squat, let him deal with his own nightmares! That is probrobally why he is coming up short on power, because he is wuss! You are practically begging him to do him a favor. Put him on IG, like I have, and let him ROT with his 300rwhp. I hope he gets busted by a HEMI.
Old 11-28-2003, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

OK, I will. Once I get home I will scan them in and post them for you. Why are you so pushy? You have the time to post here, but do not have the time to come by?
Brian, I am not pushy, I am persistent. In my original post I asked for dyno sheets. I still have yet to see any, from anyone else other than me. Why is that? Even though I am as accomodating as I can be - posting my results for the entire group to see, and answering questions regarding my install and other information - I've also asked other questions of other people that just seem to be ignored (like what other mods you have on your truck, and Whitt's as well). Why is that???

I am trying to contribute to the knowledge base of this group while at the same time asking for the experience of its members. And if the request for hard data is uncomfortable, well, I must apologize, but experience has shown me that hard data often refutes assumptions made in its absence; hence, my reliance upon it. The 'seat-of-the-pants' dyno on my vehicle would have felt great (oh, about 360 RWHP I would have said....or 'hoped' actually) - the install shop even said when I was leaving to go dyno it the second time that it should be about 120 RWHP - but isn't it interesting that the real dyno shows only 300 RWHP???

Now I appreciate your offer of a look at my install, and may very well take you up on it next week, but you want me to detail why I cannot drive three hours one way through holiday traffic to your place today? Okay, well, driving up there is a minimum six hour excursion, and that is only if there is no traffic and I just arrive and then immediately turn around and go home. With you examining my vehicle, I am probably looking at 8 hours total, at minimum. I'm sorry, but I have prior commitments this afternoon and simply can't swing it. Is that an acceptable answer?
Old 11-28-2003, 02:34 PM
blownerator

and i cant post the Dyno sheets right now because I am at work and they are at home. I will do so when I arrive there.

Other mods at the time of the dyno run were:

Shorty Headers 3-4 ho

Flowmaster exhaust (junk imo) 10-12 hp at best.

so subtract the 4 and the 12 from the 375.

I am not going to get into a long posting contest with you, I just dont have the time. I have offered our help and that offer still stands. Call me when you are ready to come out.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

and i cant post the Dyno sheets right now because I am at work and they are at home. I will do so when I arrive there.

Other mods at the time of the dyno run were:

Shorty Headers 3-4 ho

Flowmaster exhaust (junk imo) 10-12 hp at best.

so subtract the 4 and the 12 from the 375.

I am not going to get into a long posting contest with you, I just dont have the time. I have offered our help and that offer still stands. Call me when you are ready to come out.
Thanks Brian, I appreciate your time and effort. While you're scanning, if you have copies of dynos from the other satisfied customers you have had with good Radix installs, then posting them would be helpful as well. Not just to me, but also to others who are considering the Radix.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Disappointing Radix install on a 5.3L