Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Damned VSC

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 09:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Damned VSC

Well hell, now mine's crapping out also. I have to tap it repeatedly to click on.

Is Flex-A-Lite taking warranties on these or do I have to shell out $50 again?
Old 04-23-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

With all the problems of these, is there an alternative to them? I know you can hook it up to that one wire on your PCM, but not everyone has acess to a tuner that can turn that feature on.

Other brands perhaps?
Old 04-23-2004, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I tried telling you guys before about that place that sells VSC and fans but their VSC is supposed to be alot better than FLex's its called Delta Current Control. http://www.dccontrol.com/
Old 04-23-2004, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

All this talk about them failing and I guess your's thought it was jus suppose to die like that. I'm going to put some ear muffs on mine and threaten it .....

*fingers crossed*
Old 04-23-2004, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

I dont know if it matters but Ill post some stuff I noticed recently doing mine and Chingy's efans.
He got the VSC from somewhere else but I got mine for 50 bucks at truckperformance. I think I got the older model and Chingy got the newer model because with Chingy's he got a way bigger fuse in the kit and also his VSC has 2 more metal heat exhangers on it whereas mine has 2. Like I said I dont know if that stuff matter at all... just some observations I made yesterday.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flyer
All this talk about them failing and I guess your's thought it was jus suppose to die like that. I'm going to put some ear muffs on mine and threaten it .....

*fingers crossed*
LMAO that might work and if it does come threaten mine till i get that new style VSC
Old 04-23-2004, 12:35 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
I dont know if it matters but Ill post some stuff I noticed recently doing mine and Chingy's efans.
He got the VSC from somewhere else but I got mine for 50 bucks at truckperformance. I think I got the older model and Chingy got the newer model because with Chingy's he got a way bigger fuse in the kit and also his VSC has 2 more metal heat exhangers on it whereas mine has 2. Like I said I dont know if that stuff matter at all... just some observations I made yesterday.
I don't know how or why you got the "older" model and I got the "newer" model because I bought my Flex-a-lite 295 fans from S & S Performance more than a month ago and you bought yours what, 2 days ago?
Hmmm, well I guess we'll see which goes out first
Old 04-23-2004, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Yea it makes no sence. But I KNOW I wont be buying another VSC if this one goes out.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 01Blackerado
I tried telling you guys before about that place that sells VSC and fans but their VSC is supposed to be alot better than FLex's its called Delta Current Control. http://www.dccontrol.com/

Well considering you registered here in March '04 and I ordered my VSC damn near a year ago... I dunno how you were supposed to tell me not to get the VSC.

Well I decided to take a closer look at just WTF the problem seemed to be before I tossed $50 to order another VSC. I could tap it and it'd click on and off. So I started looking at the wiring.

Fuse? Fine. Fans? Mkay. Crimps from fans to VSC? Not the probelm. Wire from A/C Comp to VSC? Gooooood. VSC to Batt? BAD.

Turns out the wire from the batt to the VSC looks like it got corroded. ??? Dunno how that is considering it's the lowest connection there. Anyway, cut the bad end off...stripped (the wire)...new spade...VSC works like it's supposed to!

I guess the wire was just bad in that spot...think I should upgrade to 10awg wiring there?

Old 04-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

well hell i want to have my fans back. so i odered one of the dc controllers. i will keep everybody informed how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Damned VSC