Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Crossed Drilled Rotors.....Vol II

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think all in all we can say this....

Ok.. maybe cd-ed dosent help much. BUT, for 180bucks for 2 front rotors that are thicker than stock and seem to be performing well ... who is really losing here...

Sure id love to drop 3 grand on a NICE braking system... but for a couple hundered bucks im happy.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
You worked at a brake company you tell me.

If you answered your questions at work the way you do here, no wonder you got fired.. all talk

God, who uses facts, logic and science to answer questions pretaining to engineering these days.

Maybe from now on, instead of doing wind tunnel testing; I'll just stick my hand in front of the radiator.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think all in all we can say this....

Ok.. maybe cd-ed dosent help much. BUT, for 180bucks for 2 front rotors that are thicker than stock and seem to be performing well ... who is really losing here...

Sure id love to drop 3 grand on a NICE braking system... but for a couple hundered bucks im happy.
ohh good, I'm glad you took the hint. Took you long enough Next issue; Girls are hotter than guys..
Old 05-25-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by treyZ28
ever heard ofconfidentiality? A nice thick book you sign when you join a company? Says you cant tell anyone about this stuff durring and after your employment? You how fired his *** would be for releasing data that his company spend tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars testing? Are you that dumb?
Then dont come to me with ridiculious requests for numbers I cant get when you ran the friggn tests and you still cant post em

As far as your credibility... you told me how all the real rally racers dont use cd-ed rotors but for some reason 75% of the webpages I looked at rally cars had them... thus its becoming more and more obvious how full of **** you really are
Old 05-25-2004, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chingon
You really think the Big 3 cares about anything other than the bottom line? You are the real tool.
Those Firestone tires that came with the Explorers awhile back must've met their standards too. Now more than, what was is, 200 people are dead?
In case you didn't know, it's all about money. Think whatever you want though.
Uhhh.... do you know anything about the standards set forth by the big three. I am spending months doing durability testing and performance for GM's new vehicles. I guess Nueremburg just isn't good enough for you
Old 05-25-2004, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Then dont come to me with rediculious requests for numbers I cant get when you ran the friggn tests and you still cant post em
Id have my *** under a huge lawsuit and never be hired by any automotive company ever again. Nick would be fired and probobly in the same legal perdicament. I would however like to know the methods you used in your testing and a description of your results as we laid forth.

PS: what are you qualifications to be arguing right now without data?
Old 05-25-2004, 01:16 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uhhh.... do you know anything about the standards set forth by the big three. I am spending months doing durability testing and performance for GM's new vehicles. I guess Nueremburg just isn't good enough for you
No, it's because I'm not a naif like you who believes everything they hear or see
Bottom line man, that's what it's all about. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

ohh good, I'm glad you took the hint. Took you long enough Next issue; Girls are hotter than guys..
Ohh im glad your too stupid to realize I never was agreeing with you.. REMEMBER you said they dont help at all

And girls are hotter than guys yes... but is that with ventilation? what kinda clothing material we talkn about here. And those clothes better be name brand or FORGET IT! I WANNA SEE NUMBERS!

Old 05-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Teching In

POST SOME NUMBERS then if you guys are so good with this. Tell us the tests you did and the numbers that came back
i cannot release test specs and results to the public! why do you think i just didn't thorw numbers out there in the first place?? I'm not a fool. I can get fired i caught releasing **** to the general public, which you are.

Chingon, the advantages of braided brake lines are that they do not wear out like rubber lines will, when your truck ages and your rubber lines start to fade, they will bulge when braking is applied, not allowing for as much pressure in the line itself. because your vehicles are new or at most 4 years old to most of the people i am speaking with, you will not experience this because your lines are pretty much new. I will be doing the braided brake line swap when i lift my truck. i'll inform you if there is any difference. steel brake lines will not decrease stopping distance only pressure in the lines, so it will decrease brake fade. This other guy told you pedal feel would be different, yet its not. So you have just told me he is wrong and you still believe him?? Keep in mind the tests that were run we run under ABS activation, so if you lived in snowy and icy regions where your vehicle would have many more abs activation than someone in cali. Therefore you will not see the pad life cut inhlaf unless you stop hard enough to have abs activation. Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chingon
No, it's because I'm not a naif like you who believes everything they hear or see
Bottom line man, that's what it's all about. Sorry to burst your bubble.
You think drilling holes in your brakes makes you stop faster. You have ZERO expeirence with vehicle testing. You are not qualified to speak, go home.

Quick Reply: Crossed Drilled Rotors.....Vol II