Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Crossed Drilled Rotors.....Vol II

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 03:43 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Naked AV
Brings back bad memories.....
Heh, yea it was hot that day and I was veering over into the other lane. Fun, but stupid. How's your brake setup coming? You get a stall?
Old 05-27-2004, 04:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chingon
Heh, yea it was hot that day and I was veering over into the other lane. Fun, but stupid. How's your brake setup coming? You get a stall?
No stall yet, missed on the GP for Yanks yesterday. Seriously thinking about the Trailblazer verter since it looks like it will behave as a mild 2400-2500 stall and give me full tow capacity. My brand new 4L65E is still sitting on my friend's floor. Don't know who to trust to put in the Transgo/Servo/Stall yet. Any suggestions?

Ready to pull the trigger on Earl's ss lines, some super blue, and some hawk pads. Probably order this week or early next.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No stall yet, missed on the GP for Yanks yesterday. Seriously thinking about the Trailblazer verter since it looks like it will behave as a mild 2400-2500 stall and give me full tow capacity. My brand new 4L65E is still sitting on my friend's floor. Don't know who to trust to put in the Transgo/Servo/Stall yet. Any suggestions?

Ready to pull the trigger on Earl's ss lines, some super blue, and some hawk pads. Probably order this week or early next.

funy thing w e forgot to mention through all of this is that a lot of your fade is actually coming from your fluid boiling
Old 05-27-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by treyZ28
funy thing w e forgot to mention through all of this is that a lot of your fade is actually coming from your fluid boiling
Yea I figured that from the beginning. Thats why I decided to go with the ATE superblue. I have seen some other members use it on a different board and they all seemed really happy with it. Its a DOT 3 fluid with DOT 5 specs, not to mention any DOT3 will mix into it with no problems if you needed to.

My own personal spin on the ATE blue, well without having driven chingons truck that has the flushed stock fluid for reference, I can say the ATE hasnt broken down once yet. Ive pushed the brakes pretty hard since ive had them, and now the only problem that gets to me is the ABS coming on when it shouldent. Everything else seems to be performing well

I think something that will really improve my braking will be a nice suspension setup. If im gettn hard on the brakes, almost to the point of lock up, the truck brakes great, untill all the weight of the truck comes forward. Then my tires lock up and the ABS kicks in. Im thinkin Chingy's braking is gonna be alot better than mine because of that fact.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LOW2000
Where can you buy the ATE, i'd like to be able to buy it off the shelf as opposed to ordering it, i want to get my brake lines on this weekend.
I havent found a local place yet that has it but then agian I didnt look that hard. The place we bought our powerbleeder stocked it so we just picked up a few cans at the same time. Kinda expensive at about 10 bucks a liter.... but you only need 2 at most.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think i'm actually going to go with this http://www.neosyntheticoil.com/bkfluid.htm

I'll ask the people at baker what they recommend (they dont have testing numbers on braking distances but they supply half the racing world which counts for something in my book). I may go with the fluid that is a little more similar to the SuperBlue if they have some reason for me to not run the 610, the 2nd fluid down here http://www.bakerprecision.com/neobrk.htm is significantly cheaper than the 610, so we'll see what they have to say. I just know I need to get these brake lines on.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:30 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know who to trust to put in the Transgo/Servo/Stall yet. Any suggestions?
Look for James B. on pacific-audio.com. He knows a guy named Roland who works for a GM dealership in Riverside, but does bench work..aka..you drop off the tranny and parts at his pad, he does the work, and you pick the tranny up and put it in yourself.