Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Exhaust Owners HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Exhaust Owners HELP!!

Well I finally got around to bolting up my Corsa Sport this weekend and extremely happy with the quality and sound of the system. The only problem I'm having is a small exhaust leak coming from just in front of where the lead pipe joins w/ the front of the muffler. I know the style of the clamps is supposed to provide a leak proof seal but somehow I still have a leak. What else can I do other than repositioning the clamp and retightening to stop the leak ???? Anyone else Have this problem???

Also for those that have the side exit systems has anyone figured away to tuck the tip up closer to the body. Mine is sitting about right but I have done all the tweaking I can and it still isnt sitting quite high enough for my tastes.

Will post pics tommorrow but in the meantime any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try to retighten the bolts....the only way to get the tip up higher is modify the hanger.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by YenkoST
Try to retighten the bolts....the only way to get the tip up higher is modify the hanger.
Yea I have retightened that clamp twice. All the other clamps are sealing just fine its just that one.
Any tips on how to modify the factory rubber hanger without weakening it?
Old 10-30-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

bump...
Old 10-30-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

use a small bead of high-temp RTV sealant on that damned clamp i've seen others do it and mine still has that little leak in the same spot as you've described. I attribute the small leak to a minor but necessary design flaw (the notch cut into the stainless pipe) so that it can fit over the stock pipes but maintaining the thickness of the steel.

If memory recalls correctly the guy used the Ultra-Copper stuff in his exhaust joint. I plan on doing the same myself but i'm waiting for thanksgiving since i'll need an oil change by then...
Old 10-30-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RoninsDenali
use a small bead of high-temp RTV sealant on that damned clamp i've seen others do it and mine still has that little leak in the same spot as you've described. I attribute the small leak to a minor but necessary design flaw (the notch cut into the stainless pipe) so that it can fit over the stock pipes but maintaining the thickness of the steel.

If memory recalls correctly the guy used the Ultra-Copper stuff in his exhaust joint. I plan on doing the same myself but i'm waiting for thanksgiving since i'll need an oil change by then...
I didnt think about the notches in the pipe but i think you might be right. The only other question is why it would leak there and not at the other joints. It seemed that when I tightened the clamp at that joint the pipes just didnt clamp together all the way around the circumference of the pipe as they should.

I might have to try the high temp RTV but with a $500+ exhaust system you wouldnt think it would be necessary.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie

No leaks on mine. Mine is a little different though.
The tip is a little low, but without multiple hanger mods........you just have to get use to it.

Jim
Old 10-30-2005, 10:10 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8
Well I finally got around to bolting up my Corsa Sport this weekend and extremely happy with the quality and sound of the system. The only problem I'm having is a small exhaust leak coming from just in front of where the lead pipe joins w/ the front of the muffler. I know the style of the clamps is supposed to provide a leak proof seal but somehow I still have a leak. What else can I do other than repositioning the clamp and retightening to stop the leak ???? Anyone else Have this problem???

Also for those that have the side exit systems has anyone figured away to tuck the tip up closer to the body. Mine is sitting about right but I have done all the tweaking I can and it still isnt sitting quite high enough for my tastes.

Will post pics tommorrow but in the meantime any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem on my 04'. I used high temp RTV silicone.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8
Yea I have retightened that clamp twice. All the other clamps are sealing just fine its just that one.
Any tips on how to modify the factory rubber hanger without weakening it?
The way to modify the hanger is take the hanger off....cut how much you want off to make it look the way you want then weld it back together.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Do Not Glue, Bend Or Cut Anything!

Unless you bought it used, Call Corsa! If their customer service is the same as in the past, they will take care of you.

As for the tip angle and height. I got mine the way I wanted it by marking and twisting the exit pipe and tip connections untill the position was to my liking.

Quick Reply: Corsa Exhaust Owners HELP!!