Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code p0449

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
Good news. I bought (purge valve soleniod)
GM# 12581282 ACDELCO

First of all yesterday I tried to disconnect the battery for 10 mintues then reconnect. The engine light still on. So until today I bought a purge valve soleniod. So I took battery negative off. While I took off the intake cover plastic. Then replace the purge valve soleniod. Put all back together. Then reconncet the battery. Crank up and saw the engine light is gone! IT take me like 10 minutes to replace the purge! That mean I not need get evap soleniod where is behind the back gas tank? Let me know.
Not necessarily, you may have cleared the code and the truck may not have run the monitor that triggers that code...depending on your drive cycle and how often you drive the truck, you should know if you're good in a week or less.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bad news. Kinda dippoaint! Recently I was cruise about 30 minutes to drive around. And see whats happen. AGAIN the engine code light come back on. I scan it and it still say P0449. What is next parts do I need to replace then? I really want to solve that problem.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude... is it just me or did you grow up with a cave man and he taught you how to type??

anyways... it might not be a solenoid
i know it has nothing to do with your problem but i kept throwing CEL's for a misfire for MAF and spark. well after cleaning MAF sensor, and replacing all plugs, wires, dist cap and whatnot it was still throwing the light so i finally pulled the dist and the teeth on the gear were gone. mind you this was a V6... just fyi

so i would just keep pulling and checking sensors. check some voltage on the wires to the sensors also
Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by f4tal
dude... is it just me or did you grow up with a cave man and he taught you how to type??

anyways... it might not be a solenoid
i know it has nothing to do with your problem but i kept throwing CEL's for a misfire for MAF and spark. well after cleaning MAF sensor, and replacing all plugs, wires, dist cap and whatnot it was still throwing the light so i finally pulled the dist and the teeth on the gear were gone. mind you this was a V6... just fyi

so i would just keep pulling and checking sensors. check some voltage on the wires to the sensors also
You dont know how my grammar is which I am deaf got it? First of all my friend Brain been helped me alot. I did test wire with light tester. It is good connect. We gonna try with solenoid where behind gas tank. TO see whats happen. But we are trying find that part.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bad... its just hard to understand stuff you write. No offense intended!

honestly a light check might just show that there is Some voltage going to it doesnt show how many volts your getting a ground might be bad too... just saying man. thats alot easier than dealing with the gas tank. but if worst comes to worst then go for it
Old 09-23-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here again the engine check light went off itself today. When I drive all day. I went to shop and told the guy and they scan it and say the code gone. See whats happen in few days. I been wonder if I fill up fullgas. It will make light back on. I hope not. I check the volt tester mostly around 13 Which I think it is good volts.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

For in case if the engine light ever come back. So is that exactly part for Evap Canister solenoid. Please look the website if I am correct. It is only $80 cheap than dealership want cost over 200 buck!

http://ac-direct1.amazonwebstore.com...B000S2SKIY.htm
Old 09-24-2009, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before long you will also be throwing a P0442(small EVAP leak) or a P0455(large EVAP leak) as well. Your truck's vent solenoid valve is faulty.....it will need to be replaced, and the vent tube will need to be relocated. I just had mine done, my buddies shop fixed it for me. GM has put out yet another revised bulletin(3rd one) about this problem, in which you have to relocate the vent tube from by the filler neck over to the transmission tunnel using 5/8 heater hose. GM claims the issue is that the vent tube and vent solenoid valve are filling with moisture and dirt causing them to fail, and this fix is supposed to cure it....we will see if they finally got it right.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fireman31
Before long you will also be throwing a P0442(small EVAP leak) or a P0455(large EVAP leak) as well. Your truck's vent solenoid valve is faulty.....it will need to be replaced, and the vent tube will need to be relocated. I just had mine done, my buddies shop fixed it for me. GM has put out yet another revised bulletin(3rd one) about this problem, in which you have to relocate the vent tube from by the filler neck over to the transmission tunnel using 5/8 heater hose. GM claims the issue is that the vent tube and vent solenoid valve are filling with moisture and dirt causing them to fail, and this fix is supposed to cure it....we will see if they finally got it right.
Thank you for help out. But I want to make sure what exactly your saying *revised bulletin(3rd one) * I not sure the filler neck look like box. I have no idea where the hose tube go to transmission? Because I looked on mine. Not have one? It is 2006 model silverado I have. Let me draw the picture to see if you can help me what exactly I need to do. Once if my engine light ever come back again. So far two days straight no light back on lately. But I will going to fill upgas full to see if the light would come back. As long you know my code was showed P0449 not P0442 or P0455.

Picture-
Name:  evap.jpg
Views: 4350
Size:  89.5 KB
Old 09-24-2009, 08:04 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The filler neck is where the gas is filled, there should be a small hose that goes down to a solenoid, from up by the filler neck. It has a little plastic cap on top of it that is the vent. GM wants you to move it from there, lengthen it with heater hose on up the transmission tunnel I believe, as well as replacing the solenoid.

Quick Reply: code p0449