Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch Can Filling Way Too Fast

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobfig
another option would be to get the valley cover with the vent on it and go from there and cap the driver side off.
How would that be any different from how it is now with the driver side valve cover? Basically what benefit is that going to give?
Old 05-17-2017, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JonToski187
No I haven't tried it on the passenger side yet. I have to agree with what the other person said though which is the I want the catch can there to catch the oil if I put it on the passenger side won't all that oil that it is a least catching go into my intake? And there for serve no real purpose?
It won't go into the intake, it falls back down to the oil pan. The only way it goes to the intake is when you don't run a catch can and use the PCV to the intake. The purpose isn't to catch as much oil as you can it is to release the excess pressure in the crankcase, and catch the oil in the process. The pulling tractor just uses a tube running on the ground between the tires, and it goes through 2 qts every pass.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JonToski187
How would that be any different from how it is now with the driver side valve cover? Basically what benefit is that going to give?
There isn't oil squirting out in the valley like there is in the heads. The pushrods constantly have oil flowing out them. The only oil in the valley that is coming up is what flings off the cam through the drain holes, and that isn't nearly as much.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
It won't go into the intake, it falls back down to the oil pan. The only way it goes to the intake is when you don't run a catch can and use the PCV to the intake. The purpose isn't to catch as much oil as you can it is to release the excess pressure in the crankcase, and catch the oil in the process. The pulling tractor just uses a tube running on the ground between the tires, and it goes through 2 qts every pass.
So when I put it on the passenger side do I plug off the drivers side?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes you can just plug it off. Is your passenger side plugged now?
Old 05-18-2017, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Yes you can just plug it off. Is your passenger side plugged now?
MY passenger side is not plugged now. Is that the problem lol? I would laugh so hard if it was
Old 05-18-2017, 01:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Where is your passenger side running to? Ideally both running to the catch can would be great, but if you are getting too much oil something could be wrong.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Launching!

Where is your passenger side running to? Ideally both running to the catch can would be great, but if you are getting too much oil something could be wrong.
My passenger side is running to the stock position I didn't change anything on that side. I think it runs to the throttle body ish area.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

I would personally just run both to the catch can. I don't like to run oil through an engine. When I get time to set mine up right, it will be off the front of each valve cover.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:07 AM
Launching!

I would personally just run both to the catch can. I don't like to run oil through an engine. When I get time to set mine up right, it will be off the front of each valve cover.
Should I plug my passenger side though?