Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Brian tooley stage 3 truck cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SilveradoJakee
Will be looking at a tbss intake and 4 bolt throttle body w/link. Heard those are trash tho.
Whomever said that is an idiot and likes blowing money on a $1,000 intake that you have to drill into.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by madmann26
Whomever said that is an idiot and likes blowing money on a $1,000 intake that you have to drill into.
Man...that's harsh... On a side note, I'll have a TBSS intake with rails for sale in a couple weeks after I have my $1k intake I paid 1/2 price for installed at the end of the month 🤔. I have nothing but good things to say about my TBSS setup...just might as well use the deal I got on the intake since my tuner knows how to get the most out of it.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SilveradoJakee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8fC4FdinUE

Okay guys so this a warm start and idle. Its set at 750 at idle. Doesn't seem to lope at all. I emailed my tuner and asked him about the lope that everyone else has. My buddy and an SS Silverado with the same mods but LQ9 and his lopes harder than mine and the same tuner did it.. Anything I can say to my tuner to not make me seem like a picky *** customer?? haha
I think it sounds great for a DD cam - just might need a little tweak in the tune but still nice for a swap. I just went from a mild cam in my previous build to a more aggressive TSP grind that definitely turns heads even though it hasn't been tuned yet.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

UPDATE!!
I contacted my Tuner and asked if he could lower the idle down and do some timing things to get more of a lope out of it. He said 650 would be the lowest with my 3000-3200 stall without causing an stalling issuee. Also let him know with AC in and in gear it sets at 850-900 rpms at idle. He said he raised the idle to retain the way a factory stall would begain to roll with no throttle and no brake, but with it being so high it wants to take right off at 850-900rpms like im giving it throttle.

Plus i think dripping the idle down further than my MPG will get somewhat better.? Doesnt matter though.