Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

blower only ET reductions, whipple, radix, ati.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 02:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: blower only ET reductions, whipple, radix, ati.......

00 Siverado 5.3 RC/SB

Never timed it stock

Radix only 13.2 @ 103 @ 8 psi (stock pulley)

Have added some mods since, I am expecting 12's

BTW, RADIX RADIX RADIX!

Sorry Parish, I had to do it!

Hey lemmie see you run a 13.2 with just a radix! Thats bull. You have alot more mods and I wont belive that till I see it. If you took a scsb 5.3 with 373 gears and a locker and Radix'd it and it ran 13.2 I would be blown away. How are you gonna hook up? Stock stall? Stock intake? headers? Efans? Man you got all that **** plus some custom intercooler ****....

Stock 5.3 + Radix = 13.2 Ill have to call BS on that untill I see it or some time slips or anything close to that...

I guess we all know why you wont be at Carlsbad... work calls huh?... I would think runnin a 13.2 infront of alota truck nutz would be good for business but thats just me...

Hey.. how bout this.. come run a 13.2 with stock tires..and Ill believe all your sayn. Ill pay all your entrance fees and gas...
Old 09-24-2003, 03:09 AM
Launching!

Parish8, I do admit that a bigger truck would be cool traping fast times, but why dont you just built a sick setup with a light weight truck and just put a lot of time and thought into it and run tens. You have the know power so why dont you use it to your advantage. It just seems that all your thoughts about strokers and turbo's would be best in a lighter truck, that could perform the best. Just my thoughts.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

00 Siverado 5.3 RC/SB

Never timed it stock

BTW, RADIX RADIX RADIX!

Hey lemmie see you run a 13.2 with just a radix! Thats bull. You have alot more mods and I wont belive that till I see it. If you took a scsb 5.3 with 373 gears and a locker and Radix'd it and it ran 13.2 I would be blown away. How are you gonna hook up? Stock stall? Stock intake? headers? Efans? Man you got all that **** plus some custom intercooler ****....

Stock 5.3 + Radix = 13.2 Ill have to call BS on that untill I see it or some time slips or anything close to that...

I guess we all know why you wont be at Carlsbad... work calls huh?... I would think runnin a 13.2 infront of alota truck nutz would be good for business but thats just me...

Hey.. how bout this.. come run a 13.2 with stock tires..and Ill believe all your sayn. Ill pay all your entrance fees and gas...
Its possible if he's using LS1 Edit vs the Magnason/Radix program that comes with it. You guys keep forgetting that the LS1 is far superior to the Modular 5.4 that the Lightning uses. And with 8lbs of boost several L's have been in the 13's.

If you've got a 5.3 w/Radix and a smaller pulley 11's aren't out of the question either. If the Ford can run 15lbs on a stock lower, think about what 12lbs on a 5.3 or 6.0 would do.

On a 5.3 the Radix would be capable of 17 +++ Pounds of Boost
Old 09-24-2003, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

If its possible thats awesome...

I just wanna see it
Old 09-24-2003, 12:33 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

00 Siverado 5.3 RC/SB

Never timed it stock

BTW, RADIX RADIX RADIX!

Dude, I have invited you to my house and chatted with you in person. I am quite insulted that you would lash out like this.

Why would I get on here and claim something that I did not do? What would be the gain in that? Work calls, Yes. I would rather finish up the 38k worth of work I have at the shop before I go out and play. Take that to the bank....Some of us have bills to pay and mouths to feed at home. Going to the track would be biz, yes. But I have previous obligations to handle and I pride myself in customer service. So before you call ME out to the track and ask ME to show you the slips mayeb YOU should think about what I may have going on FIRST.

If you want time slips, stop by my house any time I will show them to you. The 13.2 @ 103 time was in the corrected lane at LACR on slicks, why waste my time on street tires. Yes, I have several other mods, I did NOT claim to have made a pass stock did I? NO I did not. The e-fans and intercooler mods were made way after my first run on the Radix, headers and 4:10 gears.

BTW, If you choose to stop by, please call ahead of time.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Seriously Brian relax... this was not lashing out

Maybe I need to reword my post but I wasnt tryin to start any ****. Im not sayn that I dont believe you, im just sayn that if you can run a 13.2 stock than that radix is worth every penny.

Ofcourse it was on slicks because you probaly have so much power down low that stock tires wouldent stand a chance.

Chill out and quit thinkin im tryin to talk ****.. you could alwayz prove me wrong.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:56 PM
blownerator

OK then, let me clear this up:

2000 Silverado
edlebrock headers.....(junk IMO) but they were on the truck when I got it.

4:10 gears.....maybe good for a 1/10 th

8 pounds of boost

Slicks

13.2 @ 103 (corrected)

Now if the truck was BONE stock I would have to GUESS that a 13.5 to 13.8 pass would be more realistic.

Would you like a tour of Magnacharger? I will be more than happy to take you out there and let you see what they have and can do.

So I guess , YES you are right. I did not run that 13.2 on a STOCK truck it had gears and headers at the time, whatever that is worth.

Not mad here, I just did not like the way that came out....
Old 09-24-2003, 01:10 PM
blownerator

http://www.chapmansupertrucks.com

Headers, RADIX, locker, exhaust

13.42 @ 101

That is PRETTY close to stock if you ask me!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Gears 200
Headers 800
Radix (5500)
Traction bars ~300
Locker 300
Catback 600
--------------------------------------------------
-5500 Radix
--------------

Looks to me like about 2200 worth of work not including the radix... how is that stock?

Gimme 2200 and ill race a stock truck all we will see how stock my truck looks.