Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Best Sounding & Looking Exhaust for GMC 5.3?

Old 01-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have true dual magnaflows with Qtec's and it sounds awsome. My vote's in for magnaflow!
Old 01-29-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running ASM headers no cats a custom wye-pipe with a Flowmaster true wye with a 3" mandril bent single pipe with a Hooker muffler and a 3 1/2" polished tip in the stock location.I have people ask me at red lights what kind of exhaust I have.Oh yeah I've got a 3" electric cut out just behind the wye pipe for those special occasions when loud is not loud enough.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by robbie gregson
aero-turbine 3030 stainless

i second that it sounds awsome ill be sure to get a sound clip soon
Old 01-30-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

i am running a flowmaster with no cats on a v6 and my truck is louder than somev8's with flowmasters.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like the Corsa Sport edition personally. Just waiting to get some money to buy it and the Dynatech Headers at the same time. Still waiting to hear what those Aero-turbine mufflers sound like on our trucks though.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:48 AM
11 Second Truck Club

i have a single 40 ser. flow b/f the axles. it sounds quiet at idle and cruizing but at wot it's loud. i like the sound but i don't think it gives me much performance gains. my next will be a hooker areo chamber soon...
Old 01-31-2005, 04:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default To Demo a Corsa, Cruise Some GM Dealerships.

Lots of GM dealers are getting demos and\or purchasing catbacks from Corsa and adding 20 inch wheels to dress up show room models. As with myself, folks are reporting having no trouble getting a test or demo ride. Most are getting the sport (louder) edition of the Corsa catback. I have seen and ridden a dual rear exit Sport edition. Not bad but I am into as silent as I can get with a substantial flow increase.
What it sounds like you are looking for describes the Corsa Touring (quieter) edition I have on my truck. See my signature.
Just loud enough in the cab at normal city speeds to indicate it is there. At highway cruise speeds it is silent in the cab. When you floor it and it gets to the mid to upper revs it opens up nicely.
At it's loudest in the cab, one does not need to speak any louder or run the volume up on the audio.
It would be nice to be able to ride in all the different makes of pipes wouldn't it?
Old 01-31-2005, 04:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by therock
Lots of GM dealers are getting demos and\or purchasing catbacks from Corsa and adding 20 inch wheels to dress up show room models. As with myself, folks are reporting having no trouble getting a test or demo ride.
I was looking at the Corsa a couple of weeks back and this is how I was able to hear the sound. Just started calling up local GM dealers to see if they had any vehicles with the system on it. Was lucky enough, to find a parts manager at one who had the exact system I was looking at with the same setup I have now. Got to go for a ride, and must say I was impressed. No interior drone, and you could talk without having to yell. Outside it was very impressive. It actually doesn't sound like a day to day truck with this system, but more like a high performance vehicle. I would compare the sound as almost being close to my car with the GMMG on it.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BBLS1
hey creed can you get me a sound clip of that no cats,headers and b&b set up. If you can do it at wot and normal driving.
trucks away for the winter,
The site has a sound clip of a 5.3 taking off. Its pretty close to what I have just not as loud. I beleive the truck also had AZ long Tubes on it. I also think the Truck is the "Thunder Edition" made by somebody back in the day??

link