Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Best Sounding & Looking Exhaust for GMC 5.3?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey BurntOrange, Here's a quick summary!
I personally don't like the Corsa or Magnaflow exhaust because the "loudness" and the aggressive muscle tone is not very intense. I myself prefer to be "loud and proud". Check out my custom-designed exhaust on my truck below. I build custom exhaust systems, so I'm pretty good at reccomendations fi you tell me what you're looking for. Check out the list:
1. Turbo Mufflers= low mellow tone, a bit louder than OEM but w/decent performance gains.
2. Glasspacks= Loud, will get Law Enforcement Attention, not good power on Newer Models because of backpressure loss.
3. Flowmaster= Great All Around Sound and performance, can't go wrong with these.
4. Borla= Great Long Lasting Muffler. Really good sound and performance, not loud enough for me, but the price is sometimes too high for regular customers.
5. Ravin' Mufflers= My personal choice for vehicles with moderate to high modifications and performance requirements. Very Aggressive Throaty Sound and Tone of a Muscle vehicle and equally loud!! You WILL however hear alot of exhaust sound in the cab, but some of us like that.
Email me and I'll send you some of my more popular EvanzSpeed Exhaust-Custom Designs. They may help you out.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

If anyone is intrested!!!

I like the SILVERLINE brand tips. They have all makes and styles. They are the tip that my shop uses and "stocks" on the rack. Great warranty and Polished Stainless Steel is a plus!
Search the web using "Silverline Exhaust Tips"
Old 01-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Teching In

thanks for everyone opinions with what they like with the exhaust, i am kinda still between what I want still. I want a deep, mellow sounding exhaust I want it loud but no drone. I have read a lot of good things about magnaflow too. Alot of people seem to like the sound of Magnaflow, I want to hear someone that has this dual rear exhaust on there truck w/ a 5.3L. Vids or sounds are good, just want to make sure what I want before I purchase one. Still between Corsa, Magnaflow, and Flowmaster 40 Series Cat-Backs! Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeSierra01
thanks for everyone opinions with what they like with the exhaust, i am kinda still between what I want still. I want a deep, mellow sounding exhaust I want it loud but no drone. I have read a lot of good things about magnaflow too. Alot of people seem to like the sound of Magnaflow, I want to hear someone that has this dual rear exhaust on there truck w/ a 5.3L. Vids or sounds are good, just want to make sure what I want before I purchase one. Still between Corsa, Magnaflow, and Flowmaster 40 Series Cat-Backs! Thanks again.
Flows will kick your low-end grunt right in the nads.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

I've got Corsa Sport......Quite in cab, very loud outside.....

Sound clips below......
Old 01-05-2005, 05:24 AM
On The Tree

I was in your same predicament.....so I did a lot of searching. I found this video of a single cab with duals dumped after the axle.

Right click....save as
Old 01-27-2005, 03:48 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Get a 11" magnaflow dual in dual out I promise it is not quite
Old 01-27-2005, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

i had my exhuast cut into duals and 2 1/2" flowmaster super 40's installed and dumped rite behind the axle $300 for the 2 mufflers and install sounds awsome very loud sets off my neighbors car alarm =\ i have stock manifolds and cats and am very pleased with my results still needa dyno though to see any power gains going from single 40 series to dual super 40's p.s. i was very disapointed in a single flowmaster exhuast you defintly wanna go duals il post pics of my exhuast if anyone wants ta tell me how =\
Old 01-27-2005, 04:22 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

ive heard that true duel flowmasters on new trucks(small v8's) actually hurt the power alot and set codes sometimes. i am by no means a guru though, just going from what ive read around. someone correct me if im wrong
Old 01-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Teching In

aero-turbine 3030 stainless

Quick Reply: Best Sounding & Looking Exhaust for GMC 5.3?