Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a aeromotive 340 good for what i want?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is a aeromotive 340 good for what i want?

I am not yet turboed but in the near future i am going to be running a kbracing pt76 front mount intercooled kit on a 408. I am shooting for 700hp to the wheels and would like to see if anybody has the same pump on a similar setup? Also i cant find a amp chart on this pump and was wondering if i can use my stock wiring or would i need to use a relay setup?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

Well i just ordered the Aeromotive 11142 340 Stealth In-Tank Fuel Pump. When i get back in town in a month or so i will do the install and post some info.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:46 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

I highly suggest the upgraded wiring. I used 10ga on mine.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Yea thats my plan im just going to use a relay with a larger gage wire, and use the stock wires to operate the relay.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I just upgraded my 255 in tank that's 5 years old and took out the 255 inline and replaced all of it with a AM340 in tank with a Ractronics hot wire kit. I also changed out the electrical bulk head on the modual to a higher capacity one and a new, longer fuel pump pig tale so there would be no splicing of the wires in the tank. The plug and play 10ga hot wire kit, bulk head and parts cost me around $90 from them shipped, but I think it's worth it to know I have a high capacity power source from the alternator to the pump. It should feed the 72lbs injectors I have to capacity and that's all I'm looking for.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I just upgraded my 255 in tank that's 5 years old and took out the 255 inline and replaced all of it with a AM340 in tank with a Ractronics hot wire kit. I also changed out the electrical bulk head on the modual to a higher capacity one and a new, longer fuel pump pig tale so there would be no splicing of the wires in the tank. The plug and play 10ga hot wire kit, bulk head and parts cost me around $90 from them shipped, but I think it's worth it to know I have a high capacity power source from the alternator to the pump. It should feed the 72lbs injectors I have to capacity and that's all I'm looking for.
so, racetronics makes a wiring kit for our trucks? or just the 99-02 trucks? I would look it up, but web filters at work sux.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fastrt
so, racetronics makes a wiring kit for our trucks? or just the 99-02 trucks? I would look it up, but web filters at work sux.
I emailed them with what I was doing and this was the recommendation they gave me along with all the correct part number. Everything worked out just the way I wanted.

They also sell a brand new fuel bucket module with the jet pump that works just like factory with all sensor, plug and play with a pump built to 255lph specs for about $225. I though about doing that, but already had the AM340 pump and from my previous experience, a single 255 won't quite feed my injectors to capacity but I think the 340 will.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Smile

Thanks for the info i just looked at some of there wiring kits and they look really nice imma shoot them a email! Thanks again!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I emailed them with what I was doing and this was the recommendation they gave me along with all the correct part number. Everything worked out just the way I wanted.

They also sell a brand new fuel bucket module with the jet pump that works just like factory with all sensor, plug and play with a pump built to 255lph specs for about $225. I though about doing that, but already had the AM340 pump and from my previous experience, a single 255 won't quite feed my injectors to capacity but I think the 340 will.
I emailed race tronixs and never got any answer from them. You dont by any chance have a phone number on a recipe do you. I cant find a number on the site anywhere.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by oldscooltroy
I emailed race tronixs and never got any answer from them. You dont by any chance have a phone number on a recipe do you. I cant find a number on the site anywhere.
I just moved and don't know where it is, but i don't think they list a phone number. They're in Canada and only do internet orders I think. I got emails right back from them. Might try them again?? sales@racetronix.com

Quick Reply: Is a aeromotive 340 good for what i want?