Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

ABS light came on???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 03:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light came on???

Last night I was coming home on the freeway and I was doing about 80mph and all of the sudden my ABS and break light came on and started flashing at me and it said service break system in my message center. But my breaks work just fine. I came down my street haulin ***** and slammed on my breaks and it stoped just fine. Anyone know why or what might be wrong or if there is a recall on the ABS system or break system????? I used my Superchips programmer to check the DTC's and there was none. I will probably take it to the slealership monday morning. I just wanted to go in with an idea with what might be wrong so they dont dick me around.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:54 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

i dont know whats wrong but testing out if your abs is down by speeding up and slamming on the brakes real hard may not be the best of idears you have ever had makes me think your so watch out for that
Old 10-23-2004, 04:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sfj
i dont know whats wrong but testing out if your abs is down by speeding up and slamming on the brakes real hard may not be the best of idears you have ever had makes me think your so watch out for that
UMMMM, i dont drink. Besides, I was just pissed that the lights came on and I really didnt do it to test it out, I was just going a little to fast down my street and almost missed my drive way. But my breaks work fine. I just never heard of the ABS light comming on when not even stopping. I was just cruzing down the freeway.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Mine did that and it was the speed sensor in the front hub gone bad. Just replaced it and everything was fine
Old 10-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

what was the last thing you did to it.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Mine did that when I was at the track ... but it was due to me yanking the ABS fuse out. Check that. The light also came on on the way back again, but I think that was because the speed sensors picked up speed, but the speedo said 0, drug it with the driveshaft missing. It went off when I locked up the brakes and made the ABS pump start pumping. The fuse was back in at this time BTW.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02denali
what was the last thing you did to it.
what do you mean what was the last thing i did to it???
Old 10-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

did you do anything to the truck right before the lights came on.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02denali
did you do anything to the truck right before the lights came on.
I did nothing to the truck. I was just driving down the freeway going home from playing pool. They just came on.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

hey remove the program and reset the computer by removing the neg cable. then reinstall it. maybe it had a brain fart and is reading wrong or something. at least that is where i would start. and my speed sensor has went out twice. well more thqan twice but a broken output shaft was the other two times.

Quick Reply: ABS light came on???