Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 Won't Start After Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 Won't Start After Install

It's just one problem after another. First i couldn't even get the truck to turn over and started this thread: no turn over Now i have fixed this problem and it will turn over. It was a bad park/neutral switch on my tranny. The truck turns over; it has spark, good fuel pressure, and good oil pressure IT JUST WON'T START. I made a video last night to show you guys but haven't got to edit and upload it yet, I'll add it to the thread later if it's neccessary. I don't know if it's in my computer or what but i think the root of the problem is coming from something electrical or to do with my pcm because my truck is a 1999 NBS and i should have to do a security relearn but the security light doesn't even blink like it should so i can't fallow the instructions to do the security relearn because my message center just blinks battery, change oil, and low fuel. What should i do?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

when I swapped my 6.0 in I didn't have to do a security relearn and I had a new PCM from Nelson. Just food for thought.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

try using your original computer just for kicks, it won't hurt anything to start it with a 4.8 or 6.0 tune.

did you pull the PCM fuses? do you have a code reader and can you communicate with the PCM?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Launching!

no i dont have a code reader, my stock pcm or any kind of tuning software. do u think i should run the codes on it first thing?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

well what I was getting at would be if you could confirm communication with the PCM, your stock PCM would be handy to confirm a working PCM in case you you got a corrupt one, which can happen.

Where are you located? maybe someone near you has something that may help.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nick™
well what I was getting at would be if you could confirm communication with the PCM, your stock PCM would be handy to confirm a working PCM in case you you got a corrupt one, which can happen.

Where are you located? maybe someone near you has something that may help.
Last night i pulled the codes on my truck: the first thing that popped up was P0405 it says it's a EGR Flow sensor A low inputm but the reader acted like there were other codes thrown however it had an emblym by the P0405 code that said it was a pending code or a "continuos monitoring code". So what is this and what does this mean?
Unfortunately i live in western kentucky and there isn't even a dyno around for my truck!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did you check to see if your injectors are spraying? My 5.3 had sat for a while I raised the injectors up, unhooked the coil wires and had my son crank the engine over while I pecked on the injectors till I got them to spray (only hooking one up a a time) after that some seafoam in the tank and not a problem since. They had just gummed up some.
I had pressure and spark but that was all.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by custom 68
did you check to see if your injectors are spraying? My 5.3 had sat for a while I raised the injectors up, unhooked the coil wires and had my son crank the engine over while I pecked on the injectors till I got them to spray (only hooking one up a a time) after that some seafoam in the tank and not a problem since. They had just gummed up some.
I had pressure and spark but that was all.
Well thanks to this guy i might have found my problem. There is no fuel spraying through any of the injectors while i try to crank it. What should i use to try and clean out the injectors... i tried carb cleaner but it didn't work. What else should i try? Could it be computer related because it seems funny that all 8 are gummed up.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I kind of find it hard to believe that all 8 are completely clogged. I thing there is something else...... I had the ground missing near the PCM and it was doing exactly what you are talking about. Cranking with good spark, oil, and fuel.....

I'm sure you heard it a hundred times, but check all your grounds.

Good Luck
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check the three ground I have listed here in the bottom. Running seafoam like was recommended would be good. You could even pull the injectors out (note where you pulled them from) and soak them in seafoam overnight.
http://bertok.us/agreif/engine/EngineSwap.htm

Quick Reply: 6.0 Won't Start After Install