Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 HD Vs. 6.0 SS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 20inch8lug
wow really! i didnt know that. whats a good plug to go with??
IMO NGK's are the best bang for the buck
Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the plug info. does anybody know about a price on a cam install tho?? if anyone has an around about price that would be cool.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ender06
Diablo Tunes aren't bad for the price. Go on the DiabloSport website and go to the Forum there, and Mikel or Johan will make you a custom tune, usually FREE. Mikel is a great mechanic and tuner, and Johan works for Diablo.
Man ditch it all together. Nothing agianst them but there are waaaayyy more variables and parameters to consider in a custon tune via HPT or EFILive vice a handheld.

wow really! i didnt know that. whats a good plug to go with??
NGK TR55s for the way it sits, or NGK TR6s if you add a power adder.

does anybody know about a price on a cam install tho?? if anyone has an around about price that would be cool.
Depends on where you go, it can be fron $350-$1300. Are you dead set against doing it yourself? We can guide you along here so you can save the $700 or whatever. On the other hand if you do not wish to do it, aske the place that does your dyno/custom tune to add it into the deal. I'm sure they'll give you a price break with the install + the tune.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
Man ditch it all together. Nothing agianst them but there are waaaayyy more variables and parameters to consider in a custon tune via HPT or EFILive vice a handheld.

NGK TR55s for the way it sits, or NGK TR6s if you add a power adder.

Depends on where you go, it can be fron $350-$1300. Are you dead set against doing it yourself? We can guide you along here so you can save the $700 or whatever. On the other hand if you do not wish to do it, aske the place that does your dyno/custom tune to add it into the deal. I'm sure they'll give you a price break with the install + the tune.
thanks for the info. the only problem is i want a tune but i want one from one of the sponsors---->> but they all are far away from me in ny so i cant ask them to do the cam. ill have to think about doing it myself. i talked to a few people and they all said it is a bitch!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

ill have to think about doing it myself. i talked to a few people and they all said it is a bitch!
Post up in your regional section here and see if someone local to you is willing to help you out. A novice with a little help can git-r-dun in a weekend
Old 01-07-2009, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Its not too bad, especially after you get the front end off. Its not hard persay, just a lot of time (assembly, disassembly, taking the rockers off, on.........other than that its not a bad way to get to know your engine a bit and learn what is going on in there......plus you can upgrade your oil pump, valvesprings ect ect in the process and have a much better engine overall.

Nate
Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Get rid of the silly throttlebody spacer. Put a higher stall torque converter in your truck that will really help wake it up.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info. the only problem is i want a tune but i want one from one of the sponsors---->> but they all are far away from me in ny so i cant ask them to do the cam. ill have to think about doing it myself. i talked to a few people and they all said it is a bitch!
where in ny are you? Id be more than happy to give u a hand...plus my friend has HPT for a tune
Old 01-07-2009, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Here is a GREAT how to, just so you can think about it and if you have the tools/time to do it.

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23
Old 01-07-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^Good link Nate

Quick Reply: 6.0 HD Vs. 6.0 SS?