Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

2 1/2 years of knowledge.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 09:54 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I too switched from the high performance to the Peo Series. The high performance series is more of a stock replacement. The pro series gets down to business. Trust me on this tech info:

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.....USE THE OIL STATED IN THEM. USE THE GM ADDITIVE. DO NO USE ANYTHING ELSE BUT WHAT IS LISTED IN THE INSTRUCTION.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT, F'ED IT UP BAD.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
you already have a history of "break first", fix later, why change now?
Maybe (just maybe) because I don't like driving Corollas. Though I did get it to drift once....

Thanks for the input Fast and Blown. I think the Pro is only about $100 more, right? No reason not to upgrade if it really is better.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Blown, what oil and additive did you use when you had the problem?
Old 11-29-2004, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only experience with my Auburn is not a very good one. Althought it is working flawless in my wife's Sierra now, for some reason, it decided to take a 10 break. I had a one pegger for 10 months then it started workikng back on it's own.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:09 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice post, thanks for sharing your findings and opinions. I have had my truck for a little over 3 yrs now and have spent over 50k in my education. I agree with some of your findings and have had differing experiences with others.

The 2 main things I have had personal experience with that differs from you are: I had a LS6 cam in a 6 liter and it picked up absolutely nothing. Yeah, it had a smooth idle and probably woulda passed emmisions, and would pull to 6600rpm, but all that didnt mean anything when it ran identical numbers at the track. Just my experience.

And as far as the Auburn, I have used them on several occasions in Mustangs, Camaros, Full size trucks, etc. They are generally ok, but I have found the Hipo series won't hold up to any power-they always start one legging on me. The 2 experiences I had with Pro series the cases broke from the excessive spring pressure they use to try and make it keep from one legging. So far I haven't had any trouble with the aftermarket Eaton. The factory G80 is junk, I think we all agree on that.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by StupidFast
I have learned that the bigger rear brake rotors, pads, and calipers off of a Suburban will fit on a truck.
Are these just a direct swap and does it matter what year suburban their from?

I've done the front brakes not too long ago but now its time for the rear and this sounds perfect if it works fine.
Anyone else done this?
Old 11-29-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had no idea everyone problems with Auburn. I hope my new Pro Series works alright. Maybe I have bought the freaks that actually work.
I have never tried a LS6 cam in a 6.0, good to know. I just know that it does work in a 5.3. I just thought it had to be better than stock. .
I have the larger Suburban calipers, rotors, and pads on my truck. I love them. You will need the Burban caliper bracket. Maybe you can find these parts at a junkyard. It would get expensive buying them at a dealer.