Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Well Installed The Corvette Servo And Now I Need New Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well Installed The Corvette Servo And Now I Need New Tranny

Install was a breeze only I used the longer pin . Drove it yesterday everything fine felt good. Today drove it about thirty miles to work great. Left work and about 2 miles down the road it didn t shift out of third looked back white smoke. Pulled over two hours later get it home and get under to check the cae where the snap ring is held broke.........cant fix that the case is broken.

Anybody use monster tranmission before? Also need the right stall for torque converter i have "oldman cam from thunder" please help need to get back on road.....
Old 07-03-2006, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

I feel your pain, the exact same thing happened to me a week ago. You didnt get that big ring seated in the SECOND groove.....theres two, you and I both put it in the first one. Ron
Old 07-03-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rons 5.3
I feel your pain, the exact same thing happened to me a week ago. You didnt get that big ring seated in the SECOND groove.....theres two, you and I both put it in the first one. Ron

Your case also broke?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

yes it did, pretty much useless now. I'll try to find another case and switch everything over since there was nothing wrong with it before. Ron
Old 07-03-2006, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Could you guys please elaborate on what you did wrong? I just bought a vette servo and plan on installing im the next week or so.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Kiser...The install is very straightforward. The RE-install is the only thing you have to be careful about. The large metal "snapring" really isnt a snapring at all, but looks similar. It fits in a groove to hold everything in, its the last piece you put in place.
The problem is that there are actually two grooves, one sits closer to the outside edge of the transmission case, the other back slightly farther. Be sure you get it in the SECOND groove.
I unfortunatly learned this the hard way and now have to try to convince the wife that I am not retarded, and really can be trusted to continue to work on things
Old 07-03-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where are you located in FL? I know a good shop in tampa.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

I'm still trying to convince the wife I'm competent enough to do the install myself. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kiserhd
Could you guys please elaborate on what you did wrong? I just bought a vette servo and plan on installing im the next week or so.

Heres a trick that atleast helps in making sure the servo is fully seated. Take a rubber mallet, and give it good swift wack or two After you've installed the retaining ring, that usually makes sure its fully seated.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Launching!

i had the same thing happen to me, i had to get a new case also. These tranny shops around here do not want to mess with stuff like that.

Quick Reply: Well Installed The Corvette Servo And Now I Need New Tranny