Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Tranny Xmember, custom & 4L80E, even 60e, show me your pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE

You've been holding out on me.

There are 2 different designs. Is the X-pipe on the blanket your 1st version then u went to the other?
Both your work?
I like the simple, yet rock solid design. I can't see me havin any worries on sumthin like this.

Cool to see it on a 60E as well.
Both are sweet.

For those that have done custom tranny mts. & members, has anyone experienced any premature u joint wear, or everything spec'd to identical height on mount as before?

Last edited by fastnblu; 11-20-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Why in the hell would you be worried about this at all???

I thought you had some super badass level 38 built trans with unobtanium internals etc etc????

Shoulda done this first if you were considering it at all IMO...

Last edited by silver-mod-o; 11-20-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added info...
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Why in the hell would you be worried about this at all???

I thought you had some super badass level 38 built trans with unobtanium internals etc etc????

Shoulda done this first if you were considering it at all IMO...
Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
OH SNAP
Old 11-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

maybe I'm came across a little bit harsh .... not my complete intention.... but whats wrong with what you have?

are you planning on scattering that 4K 60E with all that paaaaarrrrrrrr yer makin nowadays?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 132 Likes on 87 Posts

Dang, seeing this thread makes me wish I had access to a tubing bender. Some very nice custom pieces in here.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastnblu
You've been holding out on me.

There are 2 different designs. Is the X-pipe on the blanket your 1st version then u went to the other?
Both your work?
I like the simple, yet rock solid design. I can't see me havin any worries on sumthin like this.

Cool to see it on a 60E as well.
Both are sweet.

For those that have done custom tranny mts. & members, has anyone experienced any premature u joint wear, or everything spec'd to identical height on mount as before?
Im a GM truck horder....3 NBS trucks and 1 95/01/04 S10. The tube trans x members are on the Avalanche and Silverado RCSB, only reason for them is to make running duals from the engine back a liltte easier.

The x pipe is on my RCSB, after mocking up the exhaust to run under the trans x member it looked like crap in my opinion. Both pipes go over the trans x member on the passenger side, x pipe under passenger side seat area. Someday my plan is to have the fuel tank in the bed or mount the aux 3/4 ton fuel tank in the spare tire location...then run equal length exhaust.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

...Shoulda done this first if you were considering it at all IMO...
.... but whats wrong with what you have?

are you planning on scattering that 4K 60E with all that paaaaarrrrrrrr yer makin nowadays?
U raise a valid point on why I never did it before cause some things have recently come up that I didn't anticipate on happening. So, I'm doin a little thinkin outside the box, ya know.

No offense taken Ben.

I'm not worried bout it, & there's nothin wrong w/. what I have for a tranny X-member. And trans is fine, & no I don't wanna scatter it. Why, did u wanna scatter your 27 trannies, 8 rearends?!?
I might be a little low on the numbers, but it's close.

BigKID is right, seeing this thread makes me wish I had access to a tubing bender too.

Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE
Im a GM truck horder....3 NBS trucks and 1 95/01/04 S10. The tube trans x members are on the Avalanche and Silverado RCSB, only reason for them is to make running duals from the engine back a liltte easier.

The x pipe is on my RCSB, after mocking up the exhaust to run under the trans x member it looked like crap in my opinion. Both pipes go over the trans x member on the passenger side, x pipe under passenger side seat area. Someday my plan is to have the fuel tank in the bed or mount the aux 3/4 ton fuel tank in the spare tire location...then run equal length exhaust.
Don't feel bad. I got all 3 of my vehicles in some state of a "work in progress", seems I hoard parts, then GM moves to the next generation or platform before I finish the (previous) project.
Lack of funds will do that.
The '04 truck will get finished 1st. Then attn turned to others as I can.

U sound like a bit of a perfectionist too. I am.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

My next toy(s) will be a band saw and a tig welder.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Default Bringing it back..

dirt track racer 81 crossmember worked perfect. The modififed stock crossmember and the deep TCI trans pan turned the ypipe into a mess.
Attached Thumbnails Tranny Xmember, custom & 4L80E, even 60e, show me your pics-5-1.jpg   Tranny Xmember, custom & 4L80E, even 60e, show me your pics-3-1.jpeg   Tranny Xmember, custom & 4L80E, even 60e, show me your pics-4-1.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Tranny Xmember, custom & 4L80E, even 60e, show me your pics