Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

could t install boost valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could t install boost valve

I put a transgo hd2 shift kit in my 4l70 this weekend everything went good until the boost valve.. I couldn't get to it at all! There's a 3 prong pigtail right in front of it and I couldn't move it enough to get to the snap ring.. I've searched all over the place and can't find anyone that's had the same problem... Should I just leave it out and not mess with it or what? I don't really wanna drop the trans just to install the boost valve.. What am I missing?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your not missing anything. With the unit you have that harness is for the turbine speed sensor. Unfortunately that is where gm decided to put it. Most guys will skip this step and just alter the trans pressures in the tune to compensate for it. Save that stuff along with the spring kit for the input drum. If you ever decide to remove the trans for an overhaul or to install a converter then you can install it.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Launching!

Oh ok thanks Vince! I've been tossing around the idea the past day or 2 of putting on a stall converter. If/when I do that would it be a big deal to change the boost valve and springs or is that something better left to the pros? The first time I've ever done anything to a transmission(besides blowing them apart lol) was this past weekend..
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pump would have to be removed to do either of these repairs. For me this is all pretty easy but its what I do you know. I can't speak for others when I don't know their abilities if you know what I'm saying here. I'm sure you could get a local shop to do this for around a $100 if you do not feel comfortable doing this. I know myself I can do it in less than an hour with the trans on my bench.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Launching!

Oh ok well I may scope out a break down and see if it looks like something I would feel comfortable doing. I just don't know what I'd get into once I'd pull the pump off. Thanks for the help Vince