Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

6L80/6L90 Bolt in kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stop feeding the
Old 10-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Mang213
stop feeding the

Stupid stupid stupid I just sometimes forget that my year and a half's thousands of manhours in research, conversations, data acquisition, and hands on testing with/from people who HAVE been successful is meaningless on the internet when confronted with the mighty forces of de-constructive statements backed by very vague "examples" based upon ALL the people who have failed. Afterall, what the hell does ZF, GM Powertrain, Audi and BMW know?

I have seen the error of my ways. Gentleman. Effectively immediately, I will not only cease this project, but I will play it safe and only make modifications that have a 100% tried and true, proven gameplan. I encourage all of you to STOP buying new cars. Bring back the days of one barrel carb, hand-crank-start motor horseless carriage buggies!! Nay...let's just ride horses again!!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:07 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueBlueGTO

Stupid stupid stupid I just sometimes forget that my year and a half's thousands of manhours in research, conversations, data acquisition, and hands on testing with/from people who HAVE been successful is meaningless on the internet when confronted with the mighty forces of de-constructive statements backed by very vague "examples" based upon ALL the people who have failed. Afterall, what the hell does ZF, GM Powertrain, Audi and BMW know?

I have seen the error of my ways. Gentleman. Effectively immediately, I will not only cease this project, but I will play it safe and only make modifications that have a 100% tried and true, proven gameplan. I encourage all of you to STOP buying new cars. Bring back the days of one barrel carb, hand-crank-start motor horseless carriage buggies!! Nay...let's just ride horses again!!
I didn't read the whole thread but got the jist of what's going on here...

I will never own another carbureted vehicle, even though that's what I grew up on, I love the efficiency and tuneability (is that a word lol) of the EFI systems that these vehicles have. I like the direction that this evolution has gone, and look forward to the advances in the future.

Keep up the good work TrueBlueGTO and please keep us posted as your project progresses.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As far as what I've looked into, your platforms are straight forward and easy swaps. As I recall ( I didn't do in depth research as those platforms are pretty much 6L80 ready) the key components are the TCM harness, transmission tailhousing and new driveshaft yoke. I believe I've seen a few threads of people converting over GMT900's already.
do you know of any links to one of these threads?
Old 10-19-2010, 02:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jg53
do you know of any links to one of these threads?
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ight=6l90+swap
Old 10-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Launching!

Lol Just keep doing what you're doing TrueBlue. Regardless of one person's bullshit comments, the rest of us appreciate your hard work and information sharing
Old 10-19-2010, 04:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks
Old 10-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mang213
While youre at it, can you compile a list of parts required to retrofit a 6L80 into a gmt900 which has a stock 60e? I have a new 6L80 laying around, and I really want to put this thing in my truck, but no one knows anything about it
Again, from my research, your vehicle and all GMT900's are a plug and play. Just our module and shift linkage kit because the newer GM vehicles are programmed and designed to be powertrain flexible in the software. As far as I can see, the worst case scenario would mean a BCM/IP reflash and to tell dealership to update GM records so that future data will reflect that you have a A6 in your truck now.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Again, from my research, your vehicle and all GMT900's are a plug and play. Just our module and shift linkage kit because the newer GM vehicles are programmed and designed to be powertrain flexible in the software. As far as I can see, the worst case scenario would mean a BCM/IP reflash and to tell dealership to update GM records so that future data will reflect that you have a A6 in your truck now.
So do you sell the module and the shift linkage hardware, or just the module?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Nothing is in production yet. Production would take about 2 months from the point of success. Everything is in prototyping stage until I am confident of all the equipment/designs/programs and of course, I become a sponsor here. But, helping to move this to a point of reliable reproduction, I have a few people doing interesting 6speed conversions with whom I am assisting. An H3T LH6 Hummer, C4 Vette with 5.3L 24x motor, and FWD LS4 Grand Prix. I'm working with them and their shops to provide them with some pre-production modules for testing in about a month. With the owner and shops putting in the effort to try something new, I've offered the stipulation that if we can't get it to work for their specific applications I'll accept the module back and fully refund their money. I can add your GMT900 to the list of "Let's see what happens" vehicles if you want.

Quick Reply: 6L80/6L90 Bolt in kit