FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Walbro 255 or equivalent "kit"

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I don't need that much pump.

Your saying you bought the racetronix/walbro drop in module from summit?
Old 09-26-2020, 01:50 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,331 Likes on 793 Posts

Yep installed last November

Summit Racing TU432HP-2

Walbro 255 or equivalent "kit"-jsbwji0.jpg
Old 09-28-2020, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

How much Hp will that module support?
Old 09-28-2020, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Merctech2
How much Hp will that module support?
From what I've read around 600 +/- horsepower.

Problem I have is, the module he linked has the old square style weak connector, my trucks wiring has already been upgraded to the new style connector gm went to. I'd buy that pump, but would literally have to convert BACK to the old square connector to run it.

If I could find that exact pump, with the updated connector, I would buy it no problem, but I'm not willing to hack up my wiring AGAIN to go back to the old style like the pump in that link... although I may have too if I can't find a solution...

Highly debating cutting the BS Venturi bucket crap and putting a fuel cell with a proper sump and decent pump in it. Otherwise the only other options I can come up with, is rigging an aftermarket 255 in it, completely disabling the Venturi function, and thus having to keep fuel levels at or above quarter tank at all times... Don't at all prefer this option.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:01 PM
Teching In

So, I contacted racetronix and then walbro directly, and the TU432HP module for the 99-02 trucks is on nation wide backorder and walbro claims it will be next year at the very earliest before they become available again, if ever....

Posting to hopefully save any others the grief of trying to locate one...

***** ridiculous...

ANY OTHER IDEAS to be able to maintain the Venturi bucket function??? Any other drop in pumps available?
Old 09-29-2020, 05:42 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,331 Likes on 793 Posts

Walbrofuelpumps.com says the TU432HP is in stock and allowed me to add to cart... didn't go any further.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Yup, I did the same thing, but before I pulled the trigger and paid for the pump, I decided to email them first. Sure enough, within an hour they replied back with the info I just provided. I emailed back that I was able to ad the module to my cart on their website and that they should probably update the website to reflect their stock. I was nice about it, have not heard back yet, was towards the end of the day so they had probably gone home for the day.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't get how there isn't an aftermarket for fuel systems for these trucks? Even given the car stuff should be similar? I have a returnless so I can't even run the drop in Walbro that is now on national backorder since I don't think they have a returnless version with a built in regulator. I am like the OP I don't want to buy a upgraded pump motor and try to hack up the bucket and lose the stock fuel siphoning functionality.

Its like everyone is having to make up all this custom stuff, and when it comes to upgrading fuel systems everything seems way more complicated than it needs to be with all the different fuel system changes over the years and everything.

My EVAP is clogged on my Escalade, so I am going to have to drop the tank again to clean the charcoal out of the lines and I really wish I could put at least some type of upgrade while I have the tank out instead of having to put stock stuff back in. Has anyone ever swapped a regular 4.8/5.3/6.0 pump with a L59 Tahoe Flex Fuel pump? I would imagine they flow more than even the stock LQ9 pumps?
Old 10-06-2020, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Yup, it's amazing that there doesn't seem to be any decent options for us, other than to hack up a factory bucket, or go with an entirely different tank and pump system..

So, it seems that racetronix/walbro, is "or was" the ONLY COMPANY that makes an aftermarket drop in module with a 255 or equivalent pump for the guys with Venturi style buckets?

To those of you THAT HAVE MODIFIED your factory bucket for a universal walbro 255, have you had any problems while under a quarter tank of gas during WOT launches? I'm not sure I would want to risk fuel loss at 6000 rpm on my build... Without having baffling around the pumps in the tanks on these, sure does seem to like a big risk at even half tank fuel level to me.

How low have you gone on fuel level during hard launches with these modified buckets, and seen it lose pressure?
Old 12-09-2020, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone running one of these https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-35468...yABEgKzmfD_BwE

or would the walbro 255 be good enough for 5-600hp?

Quick Reply: Walbro 255 or equivalent "kit"