FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Surge Tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

It's a MikeGyver special. It's a stainless box with fittings welded on and a 5" V-band clamp holding on the lid. I put a fuel filler cap on as a one-way vent to break the vacuum and stay sealed to keep the fumes and fuel inside. I am using a Racetronix 4 wire bulkhead fitting.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
It's a MikeGyver special. It's a stainless box with fittings welded on and a 5" V-band clamp holding on the lid. I put a fuel filler cap on as a one-way vent to break the vacuum and stay sealed to keep the fumes and fuel inside. I am using a Racetronix 4 wire bulkhead fitting.
How many pumps do you have in it? Im thinking of building/buying one. I want to put my dual walbro 450 in the surge tank and think the stock ff pump should be enough to feed the surge tank. I dont want to worry about running down to a 1/4 tank.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by crashmymax
How many pumps do you have in it? ....
Originally Posted by MikeGyver
I was worried that running three Denso 1020s in a surge tank would overwhelm my .....
First post.

It's been great, I have a fuel pressure sensor that HP Tuners logs when I scan. No drop in fuel pressure, no glitches in the scan. If I didn't install an LED in the dash that comes on with the pumps, I would be able to completely forget that the system is in operation.

And of course I can run my main tank almost empty, just like stock, because it is stock.

Last edited by MikeGyver; 07-09-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

sorry missed the part where it said 3 in the surge tank thought one might be feeding the two in the surge tank. That's all I'm after not having to worry about running with only a 1/4 tank left. Thanks.