FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

return style conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default return style conversion

I'm getting ready to take the bed off to finish the swap had a few questions....

1st what do I do with the stock FPR?
2nd should I epoxy or jbweld the bulk head in place once I screw it in?
3rd since I got a inline filter should I keep the one on the pump or toss it?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darnie
I'm getting ready to take the bed off to finish the swap had a few questions....

1st what do I do with the stock FPR?
2nd should I epoxy or jbweld the bulk head in place once I screw it in?
3rd since I got a inline filter should I keep the one on the pump or toss it?
Just remove the stock regulator. The bulkhead should come with nylon washers for top and bottom to seal it. Keep filter on pump to keep trash out of it. I would use a 10 micron on the inline.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im not sure what size the inline filter is? Its a russels 8an one? As far as the stock FPR do I need to put anything in its place or just take it out and go?
Old 01-07-2014, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blue0453
Just remove the stock regulator. The bulkhead should come with nylon washers for top and bottom to seal it. Keep filter on pump to keep trash out of it. I would use a 10 micron on the inline.
Originally Posted by darnie
Im not sure what size the inline filter is? Its a russels 8an one? As far as the stock FPR do I need to put anything in its place or just take it out and go?
Well I suggest working on your reading comprehension, or thinking something out on your own for once. Do that before you even attempt the very simple thing that is the fuel system.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sorry that I'm not surrounded by people who know how to do **** and are willing to work on my **** for me? And pardon me for not wanting to **** my **** up or wasting money and time on ****. As for the smart *** answers if your so above me then why do you waste your time commenting on my post? Get a life frechy and stop trolling over mine.

As for the topic at hand. I'm getting ready to pull the bed off and it takes more than one person to do so so I really like to only have to do it once. I've read that you can compress the stock one and make it stiffer or you can pull it out. If I just pull it out from what I understand I can just remove it and it can work correct?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Are still working on this conversion?

I did this conversion a few years ago. All you do is pinch the the plastic flex line at the discharge of the regulator assembly and crack the plastic nipple off. Then you can now clamp the flex line (end that is enlarged/was around cracked discarded nipple) straight onto the fuel pump. This eliminates the use of a bulk head fitting and totally bypass in tank regulator.

I reused sock on fuel pump, added inline fuel filter, used early model vortec return fuel rails with Oem regulator. My return line is returned to fuel filler neck. I also had to retune for this.

Hope this helps you or anyone else.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know why people take the bed off drop the damn tank. I usually make sure it is about empty or drain it before putting back in
Old 01-17-2014, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha yea prob would of been alot easyer the beds a heavy ****! and yea still kinda working on it. mainly the injectors arnt sealing im thinking i need to make alittle longer brackets for the fuel rails so they sit down alittle further and provide a better seal.