FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

professional products fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default professional products fuel rails

Installed a set of these on my 5.3 build a couple of months ago. Had to make some L brackets to mount them. They worked well until tonight. I fired boat up in yard and i was pouring fuel out of #1 and #3 injector right where it goes into the rail. Shut it down and everything was tight etc. Pulled it apart and orings on injectors are good etc. Are these rails just junk? If so how bout some suggestions on a new set of leak free rails.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

i had some problems too with some on a c5 vette.. leaks everywhere.. some teflon, o rings, etc.. re tightened and its fine now.. but yeah, they are junk.. quality rails go with aeromotive, fast or holley..
Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Ive used them before and have been fine...are you sure you used the right orings?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Atomic
Ive used them before and have been fine...are you sure you used the right orings?
Thats a great question. Gonna call fuel injector connection tomorrow fo see what orings came on my injectors. They are snug in the rails but it really concerns me. I made new brackets tonight and installed them with rails in natueal position. No leaks but i didnt have any leaks before. I sure dont trust them. They were leaking baddd when i fired it up tonight.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using them for years on my C5 Corvette. No problems with leaks.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing I have noticed on them rails, is that the ends are not tapped quite as deep as other rails. Other then that have heard of no problems. Most of the issues is due to something over looked by whom ever installed the stuff. Honest mistakes happen.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Well, so far so good. No leaks. I did make 2 new hold down brackets tonight. ran the motor just at idle for a bit. It just doesnt make sense to me why it started leaking. It was at idle and when I shut it down I thought for sure something was loose, but it wasnt. Only thing I can figure is the original brackets I made werent holding the rails in a true position. In other words maybe the railed was cocked to one side etc. It concerns me since I have coil covers covering everything up so I wont be able to check for leaks once I put the cover back on. And also since its on a boat, when I am running I am sure I wont smell any fumes etc. I sure dont need to go up in a ball of flames LOL. For what its worth, the other side rail is just fine. I guess for now I will just try to keep an eye on it.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Well, I verified with FIC that I have the correct O rings. I went ahead and picked up a set of new uppers 14mm. I did have a revelation as to the possibility of why it started leaking. I had been raising and lowering the rear of my motor for prop height adjustments etc. My 8an feed is on the side that leaked and the stainless braided line was tight. I have a feeling all the up and down movement on the back of the motor just tweeked the rail enough to make it leak. Hopefully all we be good and I will be installing the air to air intercooler tonight. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!!