FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

No power on pump, no crank.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cigarette lighter works, but truck doesn't crank nor read the computer.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD_Tundra
Cigarette lighter works, but truck doesn't crank nor read the computer.
Again you need to see if you have power to the OBD2 port and find out what circuit it runs off of.

If you have power there, then you need to trace the Communication wires and make sure there good.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Again you need to see if you have power to the OBD2 port and find out what circuit it runs off of.

If you have power there, then you need to trace the Communication wires and make sure there good.
I'll check it out once I get home. But I still don't see why not having power to the OBD II port will not allow the truck to spin the starter at least. Doesn't show my Gears either. I just cant under stand how this happened with a simple fuel pump change.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD_Tundra
I'll check it out once I get home. But I still don't see why not having power to the OBD II port will not allow the truck to spin the starter at least. Doesn't show my Gears either. I just cant under stand how this happened with a simple fuel pump change.

You may have shorted the PCM out. By makeing sure you have power at the OBD2 port your ruling out an issue with the scaner not being able to read the PCM. I am not fimiliar with the Toyota electronics but if they work similar to GM all you have to do is have a failure of 1 module to take out functions of communication on the rest.

On the 07 up NNBS that run on C.A.N. if you even partially fry the BCM the truck will do the same thing your describing.

Did you Disconnect the Battery from the Positve side first or hook the positive side up last when reconnecting??? IF so this can send a voltage spike and wipe out modules.

Another member did this and wiped out the BCM on his truck.

I had a voltage spike wipe out a radio Last week on a Saturn. All I did was change the battery. I also followed the proper procedure and it still wiped out the Radio. On that particular car there very sensitive and it's a common problem when changing the battery.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Launching!

You may have shorted the PCM out. By makeing sure you have power at the OBD2 port your ruling out an issue with the scaner not being able to read the PCM. I am not fimiliar with the Toyota electronics but if they work similar to GM all you have to do is have a failure of 1 module to take out functions of communication on the rest.

On the 07 up NNBS that run on C.A.N. if you even partially fry the BCM the truck will do the same thing your describing.

Did you Disconnect the Battery from the Positve side first or hook the positive side up last when reconnecting??? IF so this can send a voltage spike and wipe out modules.

I had a voltage spike wipe out a radio Last week on a Saturn. All I did was change the battery. I also followed the proper procedure and it still wiped out the Radio. On that particular car there very sensitive and it's a common problem when changing the battery.
It's on a 06 Silverado 5.3, I unplugged the computer to reset it also but no luck.
Someone just replied on a local forum that I posted in that their is this fuse that cause the pump and starter not to work, I checked all fuses last night but he said that I have to pull this one relay because it's hidden. Hopefully thats the issue.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Checked the connections and Pin 2 has .8V, 4 and 5 both get ground and Pin 16 has 12.67V. All pins on the OBD 2 seem to be working.
RECHECKED every single fuse again and relays, but truck still doesn't crank.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this..
pull the fuel pump relay.. Make a jumper and hit #87? with 12V + pump should come on..

thinking you have a loose wire or something in your harness??

Test the #30 under the relay,, see if you have 12V there..
Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Try this..
pull the fuel pump relay.. Make a jumper and hit #87? with 12V + pump should come on..

thinking you have a loose wire or something in your harness??

Test the #30 under the relay,, see if you have 12V there..
Well just sent the truck to Tellez Motorsports for a 4l80e swap and a diagnosis on this.

I think that the truck went to anti-theft mode because none of the starting stuff works like starter, fuel harness, etc.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

I'm betting its the pcm, same thing had happened to Charlie Brown
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by La SS
I'm betting its the pcm, same thing had happened to Charlie Brown
Good thing PCM's for these are cheap. Like $120. Left it at Tellez, hopefully it'll get fixed.

Quick Reply: No power on pump, no crank.