Foreign Performance Discussion Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Range Rover

Performance parts for xterra

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance parts for xterra

Ok I have a 2006 xterra 4.0L 2wd

Say I wanted to "street mod" it. Make it a little more fun to drive on a daily basis. I'm probably going to get a 4wd frontier or colorado for my hunting/mud duty/hauling duty. I wanna keep the xterra because I love the inner cargo space for hauling stuff like groceries and luggage for trips.

I already have the NISMO intake and a custom magnaflow exhaust.

What else? I'm looking into this M112 or M90 setup.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Made in South Korea

The only current supercharger maker for nissan is stillen, I suggest you read up. There have been some poor performance reviews at the moment. Now there has been some better numbers coming out of the stillen unit but that is with customs tuning and new injectors. The $4000 base price plus another $1000 for tuning and injectors only nets you 5.6 v8 numbers. Currently watching for a swap tread but no one has posted the needed information. Call uprev and talk to them about a sts turbo kit, they curently do the tuning for the sts 350z's and could help you with another F/I option.

Bolt-ons:
Ebay has OBX headers, I have them and recommend them for $300!

WRP makes custom manifold spacer, great product! Crappy service right now so watch out! He also makes a under drive pulley I personally would avoid it after talking to a few titan guys. They had some issues with bolts in the torque converter backing out.

Tuning -Uprev is the best full option tuner, I have had bad service from them and was in the crappy group buy that was terrible and the last one to get my tune... How ever I recommend superchips right now for $300 they can do a better base tune than uprev and has 90% of the options uprev has. Dyno shows superchips is doing it right and they have tuned a lot more frontiers than uprev and superchips did some serous leg work.

High flow cats seem to coming around at the moment and electric fans.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

That was another thought.

The patherfinder is available with the 5.6 v8 in it. It shares the platform with the xterra and frontier. I wonder what it would take to swap the 5.6v8 into the xterra.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Made in South Korea

V8 looks to be the cheapest option and also the best option for more power!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah but how much work is that? Is there a difference in fuel systems? Like one style is returnless and the other not?
Old 02-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Made in South Korea

It has been done twice now? Not to sure but it is drop in with an aftermarket electric fan. Also have to swap transitions since the bell housing is different. As far as electrics or fuel? The fuel systems are identical between 5.6 pathfinder and the 4.0 pathfinder. Wiring is the big question.

If you have a manual transmission then you need to buy a 350z tranny and a JWT adapter with an aftermarket clutch. Spent a long time looking at my options and I would do it if I had the cash.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go buy a Pathy with the 5.6...
Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by buzzkillwill
Go buy a Pathy with the 5.6...
I'm not talking about right now. I'm talking about if say like....in a couple of months the engine blew up or something.

Besides Pathy's weigh more.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ghostcustoms
It has been done twice now? Not to sure but it is drop in with an aftermarket electric fan. Also have to swap transitions since the bell housing is different. As far as electrics or fuel? The fuel systems are identical between 5.6 pathfinder and the 4.0 pathfinder. Wiring is the big question.

If you have a manual transmission then you need to buy a 350z tranny and a JWT adapter with an aftermarket clutch. Spent a long time looking at my options and I would do it if I had the cash.
So the Nissan Frontier 6-speed wouldn't work? Is that because it won't bolt up or due to lack of aftermarker clutches?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NissanPowerBaby!!!
So the Nissan Frontier 6-speed wouldn't work? Is that because it won't bolt up or due to lack of aftermarker clutches?
xterras also came in 6spd.

Quick Reply: Performance parts for xterra