FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Whipple SuperCharger Help And Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whipple SuperCharger Help And Info Needed

Hi Guy's/Gal's
I'm new around here and have spent all my time here reading around here...You all have made a very Good site with all the info and help here...Good work all!!

Here is what I'm hoping someone can help me with...I just Bought A used Whipple Supercharger from "CAMMIN03" That he had up on here in the Buy/Sell Section(Then Was Deleted???)...Have Received The Supercharger & The Injector's So Far

The charger is for my 5.3L 2002 Chev Avalanche...This being used and not comming with the install kit...I was wondering does Whipple or anyone else sell a install kits?? and if so what does it all come with if anyone knows??...The Whipple I purchased come's with SuperCharger/New Injector's/Pullies/Fuel Pump/Gauge's--Air/Fuel & Boost/Meth Kit(I know it's not needed)/Elec Fan's...What List of part's do I need to install The "Whipple SuperCharger only"..Gauges/Fuel Pump/Meth Kit/Elec Fan's--Is No Problem I know what's needed for them...I Plan on Installing It Myself(A new Challenge)
Old 09-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Launching!

For the whipple only no craptronics.

1. Supercharger
2. Pullies
3. New Belt
4. Bolts (Crank Bolt if you are using a 2 belt system)(Bolts to mount the SC to the Head) (I would assume all the hardware is with the kit)
5. TPS Sensor Wiring Extension
6. IAC Control wiring Extension
7. Intake Ducting
8. You have to swap the Left & Right Valve Covers. There are some EVAP hoses that connect to the manifold and just behind the throttle body that will have to be replaced with longer hoses.

Before you put the this stuff on you need to have a plan for a tune. If you add the larger injectors and whipple without a tune it won't work well.

The whipple kit doesn't come with a fuel pump, but I added one to mine also. It helped considerably with fuel delivery.

Electric Fans are not needed, but nice.

The gauges are not needed, but your tuner will thank you. Plus they are sort of fun.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

rosscob

Thank You...I appreciate your very detailed information,that is just what I need
Old 09-02-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can call whipple to see if you are missing anything. You should have everything you need. Did it come with install instructions?
Old 09-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Launching!

No problem. I'll try and put my hands on my instructions this weekend. If I can find them I'll scan then and send them over.

I've had that thing on and off about 8 times now. I'm getting pretty good at it.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up Thanks Guy's

DanaliHD
You can call whipple to see if you are missing anything. You should have everything you need. Did it come with install instructions?
DanaliHD
Thanks I'm going to phone Whipple and see if I can buy just a install kit...I have most everything,i'm just waiting on the Electric Fans/Pulley's and the Gauges to get here..It's really slow waiting for Part's comming into Canada

rosscob
No problem. I'll try and put my hands on my instructions this weekend. If I can find them I'll scan then and send them over.
I've had that thing on and off about 8 times now. I'm getting pretty good at it.
rosscob
Thanks Bud...That would really Help me Big Time if I had the Manual to have a look over...Let me know if you can send it over and it's best you send it to this e-mail
wdunphy@personainternet.com

Thanks again Guy's I really appreciate It
Old 09-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Launching!

I could't put my hands on the install instructions but found this online installation manual.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...50&tabactive=3

Click on the link at the bottom.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up Thanks

rosscob

Thanks Bud...Nice find ...I was finding little bits of info here and there on installing the charger searching on the web,but this is just what I need.
I'll keep you updated on how I make out & if you don't mind If I need some info to go ahead and ask you??...After you doing 8 Re & Re's you Da Whipple Man

Again Thanks you have been A great help

Ironworker_721
Old 09-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Launching!

I'll be around. Ask away.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Question rosscob

rosscob

Here Is what I found out from talking to shonda @ Whipple...But she didn't really know to much about the Techy detail's,They really don't sell install kits...All I wanted I told her was to freshen up the outside maybe with some new Hex Bolts and the Small pulley's that guide the belt,she wants me to do is send the complete charger to them(From Canada) so they can rape me for about $1000usd LOL...She goes on about I need a Piggy Back computer that run's along with my factory PCM both in my 2002 Avalanche 5.3L???...This Is what I did find out as far as Model #'s which is cool to know the metal plate in-between the front oil section and the main housing has the #1089 stamped on the Top and I asked if she could tell me about it...It was bought in 2003 for a Chevy 4.8L and the Model # is 2300AXO...So tell me what's up with this extra comp she's talking about??..Also there has to be a on-line place to buy some Hex Bolts and small pulley's???...Also I just plan on getting "PCMFORLESS" to re-program my PCM..Let me know what you think
Thanks Man

Ironworker_721
wdunphy@personainternet.com

Quick Reply: Whipple SuperCharger Help And Info Needed