FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Whipple mil flashing. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whipple mil flashing. Please help.

Hey guys i have a 2003 H2 with an older whipple 2300axo sidemount supercharger. Early today i noticed that the "whipple check engine" light was flashing at me. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary everything runs fine and the trucks dedicated cel is not on. But the flashing never stopped. It would flash twice, take a pause and then flash one time. Like morse code. And then during acceleration, the light would just stay illuminated until it i reached cruising speed. Unfortunately when i purchased the truck, the whipple paperwork never came with it, so im at a loss to try to figure out what code is being generated. Does anybody here have an owners manual that could help me out?
Old 07-08-2018, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Best thing you can do is dump the Whipple tronics and get some larger fuel injectors/fuel pump and a good tune with EFI or HPT.

That's what most people will tell you.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madmann26
Best thing you can do is dump the Whipple tronics and get some larger fuel injectors/fuel pump and a good tune with EFI or HPT.

That's what most people will tell you.

thats what the plans are, but right now its not exactly feasible.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

You have had this truck for awhile and still haven't spent the money to fix it. I think that I understand your line of thought, that there must be something reasonably simple wrong and relatively easy to fix once you decipher the codes. After all, Whipple is a reputable company and this truck must have ran great when the kit was first installed, right? No, the best mine ever ran with the Whippletronics was the same as stock except with more low rpm torque. Would have been ok for towing, but it never fulfilled the dream of supercharged power. It flashed codes and opened the bypass from day one. It doesn't matter what the Whipple computer is dreaming about when it flashes its lights, you are not going to fix it.

You need to bite the bullet and fix it correctly if you want performance and to get rid of those phony codes. There is nothing that can be done to make it right if you keep the Whippletronics. Honest. So if it costs $1000 for a tune, injectors, and a pump (I don't know how much, I figured that was a high estimate), then that's what it costs.

It's none of my business about your monetary situation, but if something else happened to your truck to keep it from running, and it cost the same as a tune, injectors, and a pump, would you have to park it? My point is that your truck is broke, fix it right or live with it.

Sorry.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:44 PM
TECH Veteran

The reason that Whippletronics ever existed was because these kits were made before aftermarket tuning was available. The kits were mechanically ok, they just had to use their piggyback system to do the best that they could without being able to break into the stock PCM.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:22 PM

If ones black box has been modified by BlackBear , are you suggesting eliminating the Whipple computer ? Mine just started flashing today
___ _
Old 08-27-2018, 04:24 PM

I have the side mounted Whipple on a BBC in a 98 C3500
The following users liked this post:
Littlefield (09-01-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 08:08 PM
TECH Veteran

I believe that your truck is supported by HP Tuners. If so, I think everything I said before applies. New injectors, pump, and tune. Ditch the Whippletronics.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:56 AM

Soumds like a good weekend project ..it is supported by HP tuners , and already have larger injectors , pump , and tune installed ..
Thanks
Old 08-31-2018, 06:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Why do you still have the Whipple computer? Are you still using the Whipple auxiliary injectors if your kit came with them?

Quick Reply: Whipple mil flashing. Please help.