FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

what boost controller should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 12:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default what boost controller should I get?

Well this year has been hectic, and I haven't had much time to mess with the truck. I am now getting time but the season here is coming to an end. I want to get it all ready for the spring, and a boost controller is on my list. I haven't looked into them too hard, I just wanted real world hands on experiene from what people are using. I am sort of leaning towards the eboost2, but there are mixed opinions about it. It would be very nice to mount it in the pillar and be done with it, and I would be able to remove my vacuum/boost gauge I have there now. I would like the ability to ramp up to full boost gradually so I am not blowing the tires off. Opinions please
Old 10-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I like my ams-500. It is a simple setup not flashy like the eboost but does the job. It has 2 stages you can set. The second stage has the ability to progressively ramp up boost over a factor you pick.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run an apexi avcr. I love it. Still have yet to hook up the boost by gear. It'll do boost by rpm, momentary high boost switch and has a digital display. I've had mine for 10 years.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like my AEM trueboost a lot. Simple install and works perfectly every time.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do those let you progressively increase boost? I really want to be able to ramp the boost up in first gear
Old 10-23-2014, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It lets you control spool rate but doesn't necessarily have a progressive ramp. It has a scramble boost option that allows you to change from one duty cycle to another. So you could slow the spool rate for launch and have it only run a certain boost pressure in first gear, then hit the scramble boost button once you hit second and it will go to full boost pressure if that makes sense.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Launching!

I haven't put a boost controller in my truck yet, but it's next on the list. I have a used AEM TruBoost controller that came with the kit I bought. Since I am running a th400 with a trans brake though, I opted to try out the Boost Leash/Pulse Leash from Leash Electronics. I've heard great things about the boost leash and can't wait to get it in and running. For the money, it's hard to beat what you get.

-Kenny
Old 10-24-2014, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Do those let you progressively increase boost? I really want to be able to ramp the boost up in first gear
AVCR does. Allows you to adjust pulse width at RPM set points, which in turn will ramp your boost. Has the ability to do boost by gear as well.

I'm not sure if you can do a combo of ramp and gear, but there is also scamble boost mode which you can use regardless of other settings.

I'd check it out if you want all the bells and whistles. Probably more expensive than AEM but cheaper than Eboost2.