FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Wastegate issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 04:18 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Thats not the reason. The time difference would be near zero. They say the compressor housing because you dont want to pull a vacuum on the wastegate 99% of the time like you would with a manifold source, and because the compressor housing is the highest pressure in the system and hence most control authority.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kb thanks. I'm 100% used to diesel stuff and bought this to change it up so learning what crosses over and what doesn't is a pain. Used five inch as it's what was laying in the shop. Trans is now staying in limp mode so until I can get good info on that I think it will be sitting. Going to try the second gate in the crossover as well. Will be looking at a muffler that works with the turbo and 5 inch, its too loud. I'm sure that will help slow the exhaust down.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I run a billet wheel s480/t6 with a single 44mm gate welded on the exhaust housing. I run 16psi and it never creeps or does anything to give issue. My exhuast is a 5" to 4" reducer and then 3" all the way back to split 3" tailpipes, no muffler and i do have a boost actuated cutout midway. No issue at all with that combo. I have all 3 springs in the wastegate and it hold 16 very nice.