FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

undecided, still

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:48 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default undecided, still

i am thinking about pulling the trigger out on the already on my white truck, sucks cause i am a NOS Junkie...i am building a much bigger bullet for my other truck 106mm...and thinking of changing the setup on the ole "Hayhauler" to F/I...

the only reason i want to do it is, i have gone 9.5's on the gas @ close to 150
and would like to break my own record but on a turbo application now...which will be no more filling bottles anymore..and alot less rowdy and more like a freaking jet plane...

still not decided yet, but the motor is coming out of the truck to go back to HKE to get new lifters put in "collapsed one of them" and check everything on it...it has tons of passes already so now is a good time to refresh and change pistons and cam for lower comp and more turbo freindly.

if i go turbo, i am thinking something like a pt-88 or pt-96 4 inch downpipe, huge intercooler, and like 25 psi.. NO NOS.. or prolly an air to water tank, dont know yet..
Old 03-06-2009, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ah thats it? 25psi? thats weak man...

JK.. i want pictures of the PT-96
Old 03-06-2009, 01:02 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Well...if your still thinking about...I'm always looking to recruit for procharger. Turbo's are just too easy, I mean why not spend twice the money, hassle with belt slip and fight pulley changes. Anyone can "turn the ****". J/K

I can imagine filling those bottles all the time would be a pain in the ***, not to mention the $ you have to shell out everytime you wanna go to the track. Are mid 9's the goal with FI or are you thinking about 8's?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:11 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown06
Well...if your still thinking about...I'm always looking to recruit for procharger. Turbo's are just too easy, I mean why not spend twice the money, hassle with belt slip and fight pulley changes. Anyone can "turn the ****". J/K

I can imagine filling those bottles all the time would be a pain in the ***, not to mention the $ you have to shell out everytime you wanna go to the track. Are mid 9's the goal with FI or are you thinking about 8's?
no, mid 9's i got them in the bag already, on gas....thinking 8's now...

if i try to go 8's on gas i will prolly have to refresh the motor once or twice trying to get there....pistons will get burnt and such... it is not so easy once u try to push them so hard..but turbo in the other hand is softer on parts also..

i have refreshed the motor alreay once trying to get where i am at and on a nos motor u have to get 2 sets of pistons everytime u refresh it just in case...it creats alot of cylinder pressure.. so i am just thinking of doing a change since nobody is in the single digits with turbo on a 99+
Old 03-06-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damm thats going to be sick flaco 8's Nomames i bet you going to break new world records again but this time Turbocharged. I cant wait what you coming out with this time... i have PT88 with 370ci in my truck but my goal is just low to mid 10s. Well what turbo kit are you planing to go with? are you building your own kit or what? Well good luck... wich i dought you going to need it cause you come out with sum killer set-ups all the time.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i look forward to seeing you in the low 9's/ high8's. thats gonna be sweet.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike06tork
Damm thats going to be sick flaco 8's Nomames i bet you going to break new world records again but this time Turbocharged. I cant wait what you coming out with this time... i have PT88 with 370ci in my truck but my goal is just low to mid 10s. Well what turbo kit are you planing to go with? are you building your own kit or what? Well good luck... wich i dought you going to need it cause you come out with sum killer set-ups all the time.
yes the kit will be custom built, pushing it harder is what keeps me motivated to run an 8..its hard, cant argue that...but with the right combo it should get me there..well see
Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
i look forward to seeing you in the low 9's/ high8's. thats gonna be sweet.
thanks..
Old 03-06-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

DO it
Old 03-06-2009, 11:00 AM
12 Second Truck Club

bOOST THE **** out of that bitch!!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You better hurry up and boost it if you want to be in the single digits first, it wont be long with the few setups that are being built for them to hit single digits soon. Boost is fun, you will enjoy it lol

Quick Reply: undecided, still