FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TVS19000 on 5.3 - what else to go w/it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a 3200 Vig stall in a street driven camaro and had huge trans cooler and for city driving that trans was always getting hot on me. We restalled it to 2600 and not only did it cool down but was way more fun driving around town. It would also flash up to 2900 when power braked. Vigilante convertors have one free stall change if you don't have it installed yet it might be worth changing it before installation. Just 2 cents.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:59 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck with your install!

You can see my mods i have done and will see they are very similar to others here with blowers,

Headers are definitley a great mod, do them!, Long Tube of course.

A 2600-2800 stall will be what you need, i reccomend giving Terry a call at Precision industries and he will build you a spec. converter that will be bulletproof.

You Will want an HD belt tensioner, Why risk breaking a standard one?

Pin the crank also to prevent belt slip.

I run a south florida 2.85 pulley, HD tensioner, and Crank pin kit and have no slip.

LeftCoast Joe is EXCELLENT to help you with mods , i would DEF. RECOMMEND talking to him!

Dont forget a Wideband gauge to monitor A/F ratio.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Ill agree with what others have said, I am also running a 2600-2800 stall and I like it. I wouldnt want it any higher. There is too much torque on tap to go with a higher stall. I also deal with Joe @ Leftcoast32 and he is a stand up guy. I would do a good blower cam, valve springs and pushrods. I would leave the heads alone unless you are going all out. Make sure you pin your crank, dont wait till the pulley spins on the crank snout. You will not lack low end with a TVS.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

+1 on the 2600-2800 stall. Could you give more details about your truck? Infact if you will pm me your VIN I will tell you what gears your running too. What about the cam specs your planning to run? Do you have DOD or VVT and have you taken that into consideration for your cam swap?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Hmm, I posted this earlier but it appears all the posts on the forum from the last 6 hours are gone.

Call up magnacharger to buy whatever pulley you want, they are around $75 shipped, a lot cheaper than ebay for the same thing.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls6musclehead
I put a 3200 Vig stall in a street driven camaro and had huge trans cooler and for city driving that trans was always getting hot on me. We restalled it to 2600 and not only did it cool down but was way more fun driving around town. It would also flash up to 2900 when power braked. Vigilante convertors have one free stall change if you don't have it installed yet it might be worth changing it before installation. Just 2 cents.
Seems like a lot of guys, including you, recommend stalls between 2600 and 2800. My stall converter is made by PI and it's not installed yet. I'll get it re-stalled down to 2600. Thanks for sharing this info with me - it's priceless.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Good Luck with your install!

A 2600-2800 stall will be what you need, i reccomend giving Terry a call at Precision industries and he will build you a spec. converter that will be bulletproof.

LeftCoast Joe is EXCELLENT to help you with mods , i would DEF. RECOMMEND talking to him!

Dont forget a Wideband gauge to monitor A/F ratio.
I just spoke with FLT and they will help me with conversion red tape (sending it to PI etc.). I'll definitely get HD belt tensioner (I've seen some other members' pictures of broken tensioners) and that 'good looking' pillar pod with gauge for A/F. Thanks for your advice!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Ill agree with what others have said, I am also running a 2600-2800 stall and I like it. I wouldnt want it any higher. There is too much torque on tap to go with a higher stall. I also deal with Joe @ Leftcoast32 and he is a stand up guy. I would do a good blower cam, valve springs and pushrods. I would leave the heads alone unless you are going all out. Make sure you pin your crank, dont wait till the pulley spins on the crank snout. You will not lack low end with a TVS.
How can I get in touch with Joe @ Leftcoast32? I've read few posts from other members here regarding blower cam and someone recommended Guerra Group. I filled out the paperwork, paid 25 bucks to have it specked for my application. Maybe they will help me purchase one as well..
Old 12-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Robert91RS
+1 on the 2600-2800 stall. Could you give more details about your truck? Infact if you will pm me your VIN I will tell you what gears your running too. What about the cam specs your planning to run? Do you have DOD or VVT and have you taken that into consideration for your cam swap?
PM sent. Like I said in my previous post, I paid $25 to have new cam 'calculated' by someone at Guerra Group. But now that I think about it I don't think I've mentioned anything about DOD or VVT. Engine is stock throughout, which I indicated, and I hope they will deduce the rest.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Atomic
Call up magnacharger to buy whatever pulley you want, they are around $75 shipped, a lot cheaper than ebay for the same thing.
Thanks man for this pointer. I never though of looking there, which I should have done in a first place anyway. I'll give them a call.

Quick Reply: TVS19000 on 5.3 - what else to go w/it?