FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

turbo boost

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo boost

i know very little about turbos when you get a full bolt on kit front mount how do you set the boost so you done blow anything up and how far can you push a stock 6.0 before you start breaking things can a average joe put a kit on in a week end
Old 01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

1) Wastegate
2) For some, 300rwhp, for others 700+rwhp
3) Yes, but an average Joe also knows how to use proper grammar...
Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onebad-chevy
i know very little about turbos when you get a full bolt on kit front mount how do you set the boost so you done blow anything up and how far can you push a stock 6.0 before you start breaking things can a average joe put a kit on in a week end
Here's some good info on how a wastegate works
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...nter/faqs.html

Most "mild" boost setups seem to run 5-6 psi, that's typically a very conservative and very safe level. The tune is very important as well, you can run a "safe" boost level but if the tune is not done right you can still break stuff.

If you're looking for long term reliability I wouldn't go above 6 psi, would net you roughly a 40-45% increase in power.

Problem with turbo kits is that there are many components and lots of piping to be plumbed in. If you had experience with them I'd say that you could do it in a weekend, no problem. When I see someone asking very basic questions like you are about turbo kits though, I'd recommend having someone with more experience help you, and plan on having the truck down for several days to take care of small kinks and fabrication work.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Coban
1) Wastegate
How come you say the proper grammar maybe hes deaf? I not sure if it is.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
Not trying to start a fight or knock this thread off topic, so feel free to PM me your response if you'd like. But why does being deaf have such a big effect on grammar? I'm sure deaf people read as much or more than someone without hearing problems, and for the most part published documents in print have very good grammar and sentence structure. It's not like you're incapable of using proper grammar, which in my opinion is non related to the spoken word because most people use slang or improper grammar while speaking. I do understand that sign language uses many shortcuts and might not make sense when spoken, but communication through text is no more related to signing than it is to spoken word.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Not trying to start a fight or knock this thread off topic, so feel free to PM me your response if you'd like. But why does being deaf have such a big effect on grammar? I'm sure deaf people read as much or more than someone without hearing problems, and for the most part published documents in print have very good grammar and sentence structure. It's not like you're incapable of using proper grammar, which in my opinion is non related to the spoken word because most people use slang or improper grammar while speaking. I do understand that sign language uses many shortcuts and might not make sense when spoken, but communication through text is no more related to signing than it is to spoken word.
Okay first of all. Deaf never hear the sentence to make sounds the match with grammar. Deaf sometimes grow up SEE and ASL (Sign English) and (America Sign Language) ASL is fully deaf to deaf to communicate and talk faster with shorter sentence. SEE- have to sign with full order of English to hearing people. Depend on deaf people where they raise up with right school for them to learn. It is so many different with deaf people. But some deaf people who is luck with perfect grammar. Which I have still problem with grammar never stop. Its hard to explain to you about deaf culture. You could look up at internet for deaf culture. They could explain you much better than I do. It is worth to know alittle about deaf. I have nothing to against you. I am more than happy to help anyone who want to know or curious about deaf. Just feel free to ask anytime!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because Deaf Americans communicate using American Sign Language, which has its own grammar rules and syntax. Whether they read or not is immaterial -- their native language has a different grammatical structure than spoken (and written) English.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coban
1) Wastegate
You always have something to say
Old 01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Teching In

ok so my grammar isn't the best why dose that matter im sure everone got what i was saying and if you dont like way i put thing dont read them all i wanted was to find out more about a turbo and how to tune them hope thats alright with you there nothing wrong with being deaf so why start something that dosent need started
Old 01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LsxCody
You always have something to say
You are correct, but I did contribute also.

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
I have a policy, I don't make fun of people for things that they didn't choose. I was mainly referring out his lack of capitalization and punctuation...

Quick Reply: turbo boost