FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Trick Performance Products :: New Product announcement

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Trick Performance Products :: New Product announcement

Trick Performance Products is proud to announce the release of a new turbocharger kit designed to fit the 1999 to 2005 Chevrolet and GMC full size 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L trucks. These turbocharger kits are 100% constructed from 304 stainless steel, including all mounting flanges. Every joint is TIG welded for appearance and strength, and where possible each connection point is double-welded (inside, and outside). Trick Performance Products offers a full 1 year warranty against cracks and other defects. The entire installation can be performed in a weekend with common hand tools. Many trucks have enough ground clearance that the turbo kit can even be installed without having to place the truck on jack stands. Each kit is complete, including all components necessary to complete the install minus the final exhaust connection. Depending on your truck’s exhaust configuration, you may need an exhaust shop to connect the turbo downpipe to your exhaust system. All small parts are included, such as silicone couplers, nuts, bolts; even a drill and tap for the turbo oil drain line are provided in the kit.

Tuning the truck computer (PCM) is necessary to take advantage of the power increases turbocharging provides, and to prevent powertrain damage. Do not plan on operating your truck under boost until you have the truck tuned! You may drive the truck with the turbocharger kit installed prior to tuning ONLY if you do not allow the turbo to spool and generate boost. You will need to secure your own tuning solution, and Trick Performance Products highly recommends enlisting the services of a qualified performance shop familiar with tuning turbocharged vehicles.

Trick Performance Products recommends you get in contact with Nelson Performance for your tuning, install, and dyno needs.

INTRO turbocharger kit:
The INTRO kit is designed for the customer wanting to go turbo, not broke. This kit is very inexpensive, yet allows future growth if desired.

The INTRO kit includes:
• Turbonetics 62-1 turbocharger, with a 0.81 A/R turbine housing for fast spool
• Turbosmart 38mm waste gate
• Turbosmart 25mm “Sleeper Series” bypass valve
• Stainless steel flanges, 3/8” thick.
• Stainless steel turbo manifold with 1.625” diameter primary tubes.
• 2.5” diameter crossover pipe with flex coupler, prevents stress cracking
• 3.0” diameter downpipe
• 3.0” exhaust flange set for final exhaust connection
• Stainless steel flex joint connection for the wastegate, prevents stress cracking
• K&N cone-style air filter, 4” diameter by 5” long
• 10 ft of Ύ” heater hose and clamps
• Heat shielding for air conditioning line
• 1 tube of Copper Seal high temperature silicone sealant
• 3.0” diameter stainless steel charge piping
• Silicone 90 degree coupler for turbocharger connection to charge pipe connection
• Silicone 90 degree coupler for charge pipe to throttle body connection
• Silicone coupler for MAF to charge pipe connection
• 6 stainless steel T-bolt clamps for silicone couplers
• All mounting hardware, nuts & bolts
• Oil feed line (-3 AN)
• Oil return line (-8 AN)
• Oil return fitting for the oil pan (-8 AN)
• Drill and tap for oil pan fitting installation

Introductory price of the INTRO kit for Performancetrucks members is
$4054.00.
** Upgrade to a Turbonetics T-76 Q trim add $500.00
*** Upgrade to an Air/Water Intercooler add $1400.00

Upgrading to the T-76 turbocharger may require your radiator reservoir hose to be tied away from the turbocharger, and covered with heat sleeve.

I believe in customer service more than the number of customers. We will only build a few kits a month right now! I have no desire for world domination of the turbo market. I believe in keeping my customers happy with products they have purchased. That being said, I WILL NOT take an order (on non-custom kits) from any customer unless the units are in stock, in a box, just sitting, waiting to go out the door. If you want to leave a name and email, I will contact you as kits are completed and ask if you still want it. You’ll get a couple of days to decide before I will move on to the next person on the list. If you commit, you pay for the kit and it shows up on your doorstep in a few days.

Warranties:
Turbonetics and TurboSmart both offer their own warranties to you with their paper work. If any of the hard parts (turbocharger, wastegate, blowoff valve) fail or have a defect, you can send the unit directly to them for repair/replacement. If any of the welded tubing components crack or fail, ship them back to us for repair or replacement. You cover the shipping to us, we cover the shipping back to you.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is trick performance a sponser?????
Old 10-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Truck Sponsor

yes, they just have not switched the account profile.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Tribe Shaman

cool, welcome to the board.
got a question, is their any clearence issue with the pipe over the TB and the hood closed?
Old 10-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Truck Sponsor

Thank you, for the welcome.
No none, there is a huge amount of space between the top of the cold pipe and the hood liner. The pic is a little misleading. It is roughly 1 " above the top of the intake cover.
Here is an early pic, you can see its lower then the electrical box.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:57 AM
14 Second Truck Club

this is a sweet kit. i got to see one at Nelson Performance earlier this week. He says installation one weekend...i'm thinking more like about 4-5 hours. it goes together so smoothly
Old 10-18-2006, 07:22 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome! Welcome to a new sponser!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice kit...... but am i the only one that thinks that the pipe over the TB is fuggin ugly?? i assume that its like so it will still fit for people with clutch fans.... either way still a nice kit..... its nice to have more options out their
Old 10-18-2006, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

yep...welcome...
Old 10-18-2006, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LesPaul
nice kit...... but am i the only one that thinks that the pipe over the TB is fuggin ugly?? i assume that its like so it will still fit for people with clutch fans.... either way still a nice kit..... its nice to have more options out their
that pipe should be gone with the ic kit...i think...

Quick Reply: Trick Performance Products :: New Product announcement