FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Tomorrow the Procharger finally wakes up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tomorrow the Procharger finally wakes up!

Well what started out as a trip to my mechanic for an oil change and check tire pressure light turned into a what the hell it is time to put the Yank TT 3000 in as well and see what the Procharger is really like once and for all.

Coles notes - I picked up the Yank in trade with a fellow member in the fall, and was going to wait until spring, but as my daily driver mechanic (not to be confused with Martin from AFI, whom I consider to be my speed mechanic - wonder how quick he is running the twin turbo beast in Texas?) was not overly busy today, he offered to put in the Yank as well, as well as my retune from Allen at Nelson Performance (I bought an extra core with the retune on it). It won't be ready until tomorrow, but I can't wait to experience what others have described as having my "frown turned upside down".

I am particularly encouraged by the results I have seen from others recently which suggest that a drop of 1.5 s or so in the 0-60 is doable with the higher stall converter.

Also curious to see what it feels like to drive as well, as have never driven a high stall vehicle.

A bit concerned though as to how the vehicle will handle, as the few times I have gotten the Escalade wound up on the freeway, the front end seemed to drift around a bit. Not sure if this is due to the traction control being on (i.e. is power being transferred to different wheels at different rates?) or what, but I have never been told that the vehicle is out of alignment. So with the power coming on sooner I will have to be careful until I figure out what that is.

Supposed to be a few degrees above freezing here tomorrow, with dry roads, so should be a good combo with cold air aplenty. Fingers crossed all goes well with the Yank and ECM transplant. Will post results once get a few good runs in. I would say that prior to this, it was iffy to break 7 seconds 0-60 - very disappointing compared to the radixed Denali, which even an amateur like me can do 0-60 in less than 6 seconds in.

D
Old 03-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Any pics..? of the procharger.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

Well I started smiling as soon as my mechanic phoned and told me the test drive went great and it was ready for pickup, and have not stopped since!

Traffic was bad on the way home (read busy) but I did manage to bury the throttle a couple of times for a short distance and was happy to see the front end of the vehicle seem to lift with the instant acceleration!

May snow again soon, so not likely going to get any new 0-60 times, but so far, yes indeed, BIG DIFFERENCE. Don't know why I waited so long, fear of the unknown, I guess.

I have a post somewhere in which I posted pics of the Escalade. Will dig that up and respond to the request for pics.

Cheers

Derrick
Old 03-04-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Any pics..? of the procharger.
Sorry - searched my posts and could not find the link. I think I have pictures at work - will look tomorrow. In the meantime, because I promised some pics, this gal looks pretty fast.....
Attached Thumbnails Tomorrow the Procharger finally wakes up!-laetitia-casta.jpg  
Old 03-04-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice. I couldn't stand anyone else driving my truck though.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

How are you liking the new stall?? I know it was like night and day difference when I installed mine.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bad_Apple
How are you liking the new stall?? I know it was like night and day difference when I installed mine.
I am loving it Big Time! Although it snowed a bunch here yesterday so that slowed me down. But I had a chance to merge on a relatively dry freeway and boom off I went - I love how the front of the vehicle rises a bit when I really hammer on it.

Re pics - I am coming up blank. The old e-bay add with many pics has since expired, and the original pics I now think are on my old laptop that died a year ago. But the underhood looks just like on the procharger website. Once it warms up again, I can take some newer pics and post. Sorry for the delay.