FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Time to refuel for more boost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some shots of the new gauges and insert for the overhead console. Well worth the money for the insert (top quality IMHO). Gauges are pretty tough looking too. Can't even see them when they are off, almost completely black, when they power up, white LED back lighting shows through very nice. Two switches on the side of the bezel (hard to see in the photos) will turn the lighting off if you want them off.

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Don't bother with a new thread. no one knows the real answers anyway.
Really? That stinks.......Still, i may start one anyhow....just to see what happens.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Really? That stinks.......Still, i may start one anyhow....just to see what happens.
Yeah, start one. I put my ve table back to stock today and ONLY messed with idle in drive and park. Hot ofcourse. Inbetween the heat soaks, here's 2 screen shots that should drive Pat crazy. First screen shot is before I started over. Just to show I was in the 2's for InjPW (average)

and here is where I got it today. I am sitting in the truck now and it's back to a tad lean again, like 14.9 to 15.2 in P.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

You got them to pulse to 1.4? I cant believe they are idling at 2.3ms, now granted with your cam you idle at 54kpa but still I would think that would bump up the fuel demand that much more then mine.... Dewey, when are you going to let me look at your injector settings? haha. I am hoping when I put the cam in that the increased idle KPA will make it a bit easier to idle tune the fuel. Right now it takes nothing to actually go off the VE table due to its resolution ( Idle 36kpa, VE only goes down to 30kpa) If i get the idle kpa up higher (cam) then it wont drop off the table so easy and make it go RICH..... ahhhhhh

Either that or I need to put tape over my wideband, mine runs perfectly fine but seeing the rich condition here and there bugs the hell out of me.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nah that 1.4 is when i was gassing it and letting off the throttle. When I was helping Holty, that stupid resolution limitation on those 2003+ trucks drove me bonkers. You are returnless right? I'd let it go. Just don't sit still (idling) too much. LOL.

My cam has always liked 60kpa to 65kpa idle. I have been doing some reading lately and I am sold on higher vacuum. I want to get it down. More spark did a little, but as soon as I brought that idle rpm to 900...BAM 47kpa. Perfect. Idle seems a little high cuz I am used to 800 but I am gonna run with it for a while. Once the cold mornings and crazy weather make me start messing with idle airflow I am hoping it will stay in the high 40's low 50's kpa.

My tables are all over the place. I always put them out there. However, like I said..I went to stock again and am working thru it all again. I personally feel I can get it to idle how I want now. At least it was when I just finished. I used the controls to rpm it up and down to put in certain cells and I'll tell ya...I have always known about blending, but I have never taken such time with tuning the idle cells. Man you get a column perfect and just barely touch the next one and it throws the original column off (in RTT). SIGH. But I am happy with anything 14.68 to 15.0 at idle. I am just like every one else, I hate rich idling.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tuning thread started....

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...87#post3875087
Old 12-15-2012, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
*****WARNING******Lots of pictures*******

Everything went great! That freakin fuel crossover was a bitch though. That sucker aint aluminum, its stainless steel or titanium or reinforced concrete or something....

Here are some shots of the install.....

Before the install

Stupid Tall Truck

Intercooler off

Blower is off and on the table

Whippleless Engine Bay

42lb injectors and Rail on the bench

Rail-less Manifold

42lb injectors are out of the rail

This would not bend the rail even with all my weight on it (190lbs).

But this did!!!

Rail is reinstalled

Spacers are in

Shot of my new SoCAL gauge insert with my new B&M Blackout Gauges

A big thanks to Dr. X and Dewy for some tuning input and data. I used Dr. X's tables and it ran nice and smooth with a very smooth consistant idle. My AFR was a little outta whack which I expected but not too bad. I will spend most of the day tomorrow autoVE'ing i am sure. Cant wait to open this thing up and see where my IDC is and if the stock pump is going to play ball. I will keep you posted. The crossover tube was a good half inch from the intercooler so that was good. Oh and the injector adapters worked sweet!!
Pics are broke can you fix? Im wanting to put the DEKAs in when my whipple goes on. Thanks
Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Just so you know this thread is almost 5yrs old and I have not seen Whippled on for awhile

Edit- he has not been on in a month, try pm'ing him.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know last he was on he posted in a thread I started on my whipple. Iv pmd him. Does anyone know any way to get ahold of him, seems hes the guru I need help from.

Sorry for the thread digging Iv just been going through all his threads and finding alot of good info