FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Thinking about going back to a s/c......

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I did
Windex works well on computer screens
Old 09-18-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pay your cc's, get an 07 vmax nnbs, wait for tvs....
patience is a virtue
Old 09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I say sell the turbo, pay off the CC, break the motor in NA for awhile, research some results on the 122 and then make your decision, maybe by then a TT setup will be made for our trucks....
Old 09-18-2007, 07:59 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I'm leaning heavily towards selling the turbo. That will give me the $$ I need right now, then allow me to take a few steps back and work my way back up in stages rather than doing everything at once (which I seem to do ALL the time, and I pay for it every time....you would think I'd learn ). I have the for sale thread all written up, I just want to sit on this decision for a few days to make sure it's really what I want to do before I post it.

I'm working on getting the driveline all set up the way I need it (overhauling rear axle and front diff), then some new shocks, then the fuel system, then the brakes, then the exhaust system, then eventually the s/c......
Old 09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by thunder550
Yeah I'm leaning heavily towards selling the turbo. That will give me the $$ I need right now, then allow me to take a few steps back and work my way back up in stages rather than doing everything at once (which I seem to do ALL the time, and I pay for it every time....you would think I'd learn ). I have the for sale thread all written up, I just want to sit on this decision for a few days to make sure it's really what I want to do before I post it.

I'm working on getting the driveline all set up the way I need it (overhauling rear axle and front diff), then some new shocks, then the fuel system, then the brakes, then the exhaust system, then eventually the s/c......
Well, when you bought the kit with a credit card I was a little surprised. I said, hmmm...been there done that. I guess he'll learn the hard way like I did.
And it wasn't in my best interest to give financial advice at the time.

The kit works, and works well. I had a few issues with couplers blowing off but pretty much resolved them at the 10lb boost level with it but I know you made a few changes to the charge piping. I never worked out all the little bugs while I had it and I know what you are feeling. I just got tired of the little things. I never had issues with the oil burning issues at all with the turbo though(if that is what it is?). These issues occur with all custom turbo systems. It just takes time and patience and you hope you don't run out of either before you get them worked out.
Good luck with whatever you do but I do know the system will make 539rwhp/578rwtq on a 6.0 with 1 down cyl and 10psi

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well ****...I just posted it for sale, and within 5 minutes I PMed Z06 Dreaming to delete the thread...... I'm still undecided. Time to take a break from it for awhile I think, and come back in awhile and see if I still feel the same way.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

You should just drive the car for a while and forget about the truck. Then when you get your MBA and your big fancy high dollar MBA job, I'll take your job at Spirit and get the company car

Last edited by kbracing96; 09-19-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Take a break from it.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

I'm still undecided. Time to take a break from it for awhile I think, and come back in awhile and see if I still feel the same way.
I agree!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Time to take a break from it for awhile I think, and come back in awhile and see if I still feel the same way.
I hate buying things twice, so I would think on it!!!

Quick Reply: Thinking about going back to a s/c......