FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

STS kit: Spraying oil all over engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by TIM Z
im in the same boat with leaving it vent to the atmosphere, those guys are hard to get ahold of sometimes, but dave is very helpful when you can get ahold of him, let us know how it turns out, ive been running mine this way for 6 months with no problems,but i still want it right, i guess only this happens on some of the 04 trucks cause of the different pcv system. good luck.
Tim - if you are venting the passenger side PCV to the atmosphere do you have the line to the intake manifold sealed? If not you have a vacuum leak and the manifold is sucking unmetered air into the intake when the engine is operating under vacuum. The PCV Bypass hobbs switch should close it off under boost but you will have a vacuum leak. This may be causing the lean codes you have been getting.

That is what Zippy is refering to in your IC post. Unmetered air getting into the intake after the MAF.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:23 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mort
Tim - if you are venting the passenger side PCV to the atmosphere do you have the line to the intake manifold sealed? If not you have a vacuum leak and the manifold is sucking unmetered air into the intake when the engine is operating under vacuum. The PCV Bypass hobbs switch should close it off under boost but you will have a vacuum leak. This may be causing the lean codes you have been getting.

That is what Zippy is refering to in your IC post. Unmetered air getting into the intake after the MAF.
thanks mort, ill have to check that tomorrow, i just called nelson and gave him some values to retune, he said i was on the lean border edge, but if a vacuum leak is causing it ill have to tell him, but i was not lean till i put the intercooler on, none the less, i got to get the pcv to work as intended, thanks again fot the thought.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:52 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

UPDATE, I had MY switch valve hooked up wrong! I had the ground wire from the harness hooked to my valve cover, So I removed it and attached it to the switch valve body and now everything works!! Double check your wiring guys. When you see the word ( GROUND WIRE) Most people (ME) think you need to ground it on metal, but the wire is already grounded and meant for grounding the switch valve body cause its mounted on our plastic intake manifold. Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't feel bad Tim, I believe the way you hooked it up originally is actually how it's described in the instructions. At least thats how I read it. Also the dark photo shot from a satelite in space doesn't help either.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:17 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

i agree vanilla, sometimes when you read-reread and read again it becomes clear. but this forum really helps with all the great members and helpful advice.ALSO shout out to Dave Fisher at STS , he is doing a great job at his new N.E. sales position, ive got a few orders from him lately and everything was on time and included everything i ordered. And you can usually reach him on the phone! His customer serv. is superb as of now!